ipod. windows98. can it work?

Nick Marshall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi. need some advise. got a new ipod a couple of days ago, box says i need windows 2000 or XP. as its the wifes computer, there is no way it will be changed to XP. in her lifetime.
So is there anyway i can download my cd collection with windows 98 and a USB, not sure what type. computer is a 4 year old DELL. any help would be great, or the ipod gets it`s marching orders. regards nick. 01869 346186. will call ya back if you phone with good news...

Nick,

It does say 2000 or XP....
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

You could always try downloading it to see if it goes tits-up or if it'll play....;)

I bought a cheap Dell in this months sale just to use the Ipod/itunes, and to have as a backup for the laptop...£379 inc. vat. del. & 15" Flat Panel Monitor....cheap as chips....:D

A man of your wheeling and dealing should be able to sort one at the right money....;)

CC

:cool:

Nick Marshall said:
hi. need some advise. got a new ipod a couple of days ago, box says i need windows 2000 or XP. as its the wifes computer, there is no way it will be changed to XP. in her lifetime.
So is there anyway i can download my cd collection with windows 98 and a USB, not sure what type. computer is a 4 year old DELL. any help would be great, or the ipod gets it`s marching orders. regards nick. 01869 346186. will call ya back if you phone with good news...

Windows 98/98SE... not a chance!!!!...

Def gotta be 2k/XP :eek:

windows98. can it work?

no, at least not for long :)

why not just change OS to xp?

cheers lads

but in my book, that makes it a £682 ipod, anyway, managed to finally get 7 cd`s loaded on the wifes works computer, with the help of nick the commuter. cheers for that. regards nick

Back
Top Bottom