Insurance for 17 year old

uncle dick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a thumbs up for 'Scooters & Bikes' who insured my son's Varadero 125 for £637 (underwritten by Aviva). Unusually, the price on the comparison sites was the price he paid. Bennetts wanted £1800 and Auntie Carole more than that! They were happy with aftermarket can and top box as well.

Think yourself lucky a mate was telling me this morning that he has just had to take out £3200 loan to pay for the years insurance on his 17 year old sons 1.0 litre corsa . FFS !!!

Eh? Look at Rampdale for 17yr olds on bike - £230 for TP cover on a Yam YBR125.

Quinn Insurance for cars - £553 for my lad on a 1.2 Panda TPT&T

Think yourself lucky a mate was telling me this morning that he has just had to take out £3200 loan to pay for the years insurance on his 17 year old sons 1.0 litre corsa . FFS !!!

Do not buy any 17 year old a car where you can buy parts in Halfords..... Saxo/Corsa/Clio/106....

I have just bought my 17 year old a Daewoo Matiz... £1,200 Fully Comp (Cheaper than TPF&T) from Elephant (Admiral Group) with no black box........ same company quoted him £3k for a clio.......

Its all about the car... the duller the better.......

We also pay £181.00 per annum TPO for a Lexmoto 125...... from "Scooters and Bikes".... underwritten by Groupama..... the bike was £900 brand new .... FC was £600 + Excess of £500 TPF&T was £400 + Excess of £500...... so either a total loss was + to year one premium...... so, TPO it was....

Do not buy any 17 year old a car where you can buy parts in Halfords..... Saxo/Corsa/Clio/106....

I have just bought my 17 year old a Daewoo Matiz... £1,200 Fully Comp (Cheaper than TPF&T) from Elephant (Admiral Group) with no black box........ same company quoted him £3k for a clio.......

Its all about the car... the duller the better.......

We also pay £181.00 per annum TPO for a Lexmoto 125...... from "Scooters and Bikes".... underwritten by Groupama..... the bike was £900 brand new .... FC was £600 + Excess of £500 TPF&T was £400 + Excess of £500...... so either a total loss was + to year one premium...... so, TPO it was....

Agree with TPO - tell them if they bin it they lose it and you will beat the crap out of them :)

Back
Top Bottom