Photos of R1150R & R1150GS together

boxing clever

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope someone maybe able to help me here, The other half is thinking of getting a R1150R but the size of my R1150GS is putting her off abit do any of you have any photos of the two bikes side by side I can show her ?
I've done a search on google images and on this forum too but no luck.

Cheers :beerjug:

I had an 1150R at the same time as my 1100GS.
I am 5`10" tall and I found the R felt almost as high as my GS and less easy to control at slow speeds.

Hi,

Hope someone maybe able to help me here, The other half is thinking of getting a R1150R but the size of my R1150GS is putting her off abit do any of you have any photos of the two bikes side by side I can show her ?
I've done a search on google images and on this forum too but no luck.

Cheers :beerjug:

My 1150R loan bike is out at the moment - when it comes back later this afternoon i'll take a picture of it next to a 1150GS.
It's a lot smaller.

I had an 1150R at the same time as my 1100GS.
I am 5`10" tall and I found the R felt almost as high as my GS and less easy to control at slow speeds.

Really? When I rode Steptoe's 1150R back to back with my 1150GS it felt tiny by comparison and I'm the same height as you.

5mcmtl.jpg

2u8xsw6.jpg

msfzuv.jpg

Both bikes on their centre stands

mux5it.jpg

R1150R.

I've got a 2003 R850R. which is the same size as the R1150R. I can reach the ground with both feet. I am 5' 6" with 29" leg. I do find it feels like it has a high centre of gravity when riding slow. can be wobbly when filtering and worse with a full tank of fuel due to the weight. Had 2 airheads before and found them much more manageable.

Although the R1150R is lower I too found it hard to manoeuvre at slow speeds, it seems very heavy. I actually found the 1150GS easier at slow speeds, probably due to the higher wider bars.

I liked the bike but I wouldn't be recommending it to my wife, if you can stretch to it an R1200R would be a much better choice.

Back
Top Bottom