Cost of 12k service?

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had a 12000m service on my S10. The bill came to £321.54 which was more than I expected.

How much are others paying for this service?

Mike

Mine was quoted at £300, when I got there to pick the bike up it was only £260....

... and then I noticed they had not done the plugs which were quoted for, in all fairness they offered to do them for free the following weekend, and I think I now know where the costs come from, the plugs are utter bastards to get to, it took the bloke over 2 hours just to change the plugs.

I reckon it probably is about four hours labour if following the schedule properly, and oil / filter / 4 plugs is going to take it up to about £300 at most main dealers. Apparently the plugs have an odd NGK number (extra digit I think) but only because they require a different gap and you can fit the cheaper versions and re-gap them.

I will do the 18k myself as it is fairly easy (oil / filter / tyre kick) and then get the tappets done by my local indie as he is @£25 per hour cheaper - which adds up on a 6 hour service.

They changed the engine oil, final drive oil and oil filter (obviously) + the sparks and air filter. The entire service was charged at 3.5 hours.

Mike

Been quoted £300 from Williams in Manchester.

Full fluid change and valve clearances checked.

It takes an hour to do the plugs, oil @ filter + final drive , half an hour , I do my own Then u know it's done right !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Including an MOT, Frasers of Gloucester charged me £269 for the 12k service. That also included a loan bike at no charge, whereas many charge £15 or £25

Back
Top Bottom