1100GS REAR SHOCK

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well the time has come to renew the rear shock on the GS. Looking around the cheapest option is a HAGON one, at 299 plus delivery it seems the most sensible way to go, and a 2 year guarantee so should I buy one?

Any one else got any experience with them?

Of course I expect to be bombarded with posts about how I should put an Ohlins on it, but to be honest its not going round the world, or seriously off road, and spending half the value of the bike on a shock doesn't sit right with me.

Any thoughts???

Smudge.

Can't fault my wilbers
Took me a while to run them in but they work fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Hagon on my Transalp - lasted just over two years til the seal went. Was happy with it until then. Can't find anyone in Ireland to service it, next time it will be Wilbers.

What about Wilbers Ecoline they aren't much more than hagon.

I've had hagons front and rear for about 15+K . The're better than knackered standard ones , but I've never ridden a GS with Ohlins or anything exotic ! They do the job and are re-buildable . Mine have been on a few years so they may have changed, but the compression adjustment rings are on the top of the shocks so you have to remove them to adjust ! a real pain in the rear especially if you carry an occasional pillion.

ABE in London will rebuild it for something like £100.

Personally, having ridden good aftermarket suspension I'd find it hard to go back to stock but it depends what you use the bike for. On my GS (1150) it started out with pretty knackered standard shocks. I switched them out for fairly low mileage standard shocks (so similar to a rebuild) which made a bit of difference. Then I lumped for some Nitrons and feel they made a huge difference (but they set me back a grand). I've also got Ohlins on my other bike (1100S) and they're night and day compared to the standard shocks.

Some interesting replies guys, thanks.

Kenny, where did you get yours done? I have thought about it but i'm sure the last time I looked into it was very expensive???
firefox in keighly it was around 140 all in if I remember correctly

Back
Top Bottom