XCountry indicators keep coming on.

stevemersey

Reaction score
The family XCountry has a niggling fault. When ridden hard the indicators will come on, on their own. It doesn't bother my wife as she seldom works it hard enough, but when I borrow it, which is increasingly often, the indicators will start flashing every time I wind it up the rev range. The switch seems ok, so any other ideas on where to start looking? I do remember seeing someone else with the problem a long time back but can't find the link now.

The family XCountry has a niggling fault. When ridden hard the indicators will come on, on their own. It doesn't bother my wife as she seldom works it hard enough, but when I borrow it, which is increasingly often, the indicators will start flashing every time I wind it up the rev range. The switch seems ok, so any other ideas on where to start looking? I do remember seeing someone else with the problem a long time back but can't find the link now.

They all do that Sir ... well at least mine does now and again :eek:

At least mine flashes very quickly and not the normal sequence, so people know its probably faulty and I'm not turning :D

Usually, when it does flash, I'm thrashing it and so of no consequence to anyone else :eek:

:beerjug:

Micky,
Thanks - I can live with it. A curious little fault though, but otherwise so much fun I will view it as a quirk for now.

Back
Top Bottom