Proper blag on a K1

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
Had a really good ride on this 30,000 miler K1 before she goes up for sale....never thought I'd be on another brick but yup, 20 years later here I am ( getting faster all the time incidentally :augie )

The first brick I rode was issued to me brand ... a brand new K75...and what a load of shite that was..not really faster than the older R80rt we rode and this particular engine lasted 7 miles, yup, 7 miles...new engine needed :eek: Anyway, the K100 and K1100 came along so all was better in the biking world:D I was even happier when the Honda ST1100 came along :clap. I digress....

This K1 isn't up to MikeP's standards but is a nice one and was fully serviced about 100 miles ( and 18 months I believe :blast ) ago !!

Incidently, engine turns over but won't start with the sidestand down DAMHIK :comfort Very smooth engine although a little tingly for me around town and a brilliant gearbox. Goes well but obviously not in a modern sportsbike way. Handles very well indeed, very planted on the road :thumb2 No real need to rev past 6,000 rpm ( although 9,000 rpm is allowable by BMW :) ) as this is a great/smooth bike for real world road use. Excellent brakes (disc on rear ) with ABS as standard. If I had an incident this one still has the tool-kit and first aid kit if needed !! :clap

Smashing bike but with all my rebuilds, sadly, not for me :(

I think you will all agree, I have weathered as good as the bike :augie

Attachments

• 20 years.jpg
    20 years.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 196
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 184
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 181
bloody hell,who would have thought it. our moderator was once a copper. or did he rob the bike and uniform.:augie

Back
Top Bottom