Recommendation please for a GS Service and once over NW London/Watford/Ruislip

Moose Miller

Reaction score
Hi all..
I'm new to this site as I have come over to the dark side to a BMW GS 1150. Its an older bike a 2002 plate with 31,000 ALLEGED miles on the clock. I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to mechanics I'm afraid and in time want to test a few new skills out. However for the time being I'm going to pay somebody to give this one a real going over, fixing what needs to be fixed, lubricating what needs to be lubricated and generally pointing me out in the right direction. The bike seems sound enough and comes with some history. The ABS warning light is flashing and covered in tape which I understand is a common fault.

The purpose of this message however is anybody out there that can recommend a really nice man (or woman) who knows what they're doing, gives no bullshit and charges decent rates for work that actually needs doing! I live in Northwood - NW London, close to Watford/Ruislip.

Thanks for your help in advance guys and gals and hope to hear or see more new 'friends' as time goes on.

regards

Andy 'Moose' Miller

First of all, get the mods to move this out of the toilet section - you will have all sorts of trouble in here!

Steptoe is your friend - find him at GSSHOP.BIZ :)

... Steptoe is a bit South, try Motoscot in Watford for all your Oilhead needs.

ps - You have the finest iteration of the GS, no need to lurk in the toilet section :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. I've given Steptoe a shout and booked with him. It's a little way off but if he's the man.... then it's worth it.

regards

Moose

Try Russ at Beemerbikes, Woodford, NE London 0208 550 9200. Have used him for years. Excellent BMW mechanic and very reasonably priced :thumb2

Thanks for all the advice. Steptoe will have my business on this occasion. Its an excuse to get out and see a bit of London. Not a lotof distance in it between all the three suggestions though.
Regards
Moose

Back
Top Bottom