Starting as and when she feels like it

GBDamo

Reaction score
Thought I'd ask here before signing up to new forums.

I have a 2010 Speed Triple which has had an ongoing issue with starting.

The bike is used infrequently and is not left on a trickle charger so some battery issues are expected so I cahnged the battery about a year ago as it was the easiest thing to try but the new one doesn't seem any better.

Just today it started but only just, rode 15 miles to my brothers and there was nothing so had to bump it. Did another 15 miles to parents and it started fine, three times with what felt like pleanty of power in the battery. I then rode five miles home and stopped off at Morrisons, again nothing so had to bump it. :blast

Not sure if it's relevant but the first trip was pretty quick mostly 60 roads, the middle mostly 30-40 and the last back to 60.

Got home and put a meter across the battery and got the following readings :-

Ignition off = 12.63v
Ignition on = 12.04V
Engine running = 13.70v

Incidentally, it started but only just after being ridden the 500 yards from Morrisons to where I live. :confused:

Bit of a stab in the dark but has anyone else had, heard of or fixed similar issues?

I know very little ...

... about bike electrics, but these folk do: at the bottom of the page you'll see a link to a diagnosis PDF that many folk have used to seek electrical gremlins. Good luck :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom