Abs wont reset

aksel13

Reaction score
Hi guys

After washing by hand my single spark non servo gsa yesterday ' the abs light was flashing alternately . I tried to reset it but but each time i tried it failed to reset.i press the abs button for 10 sec. And release it the lights flash together . Turn the ignition off and then on again the abs lights flashing alternately again.i always managed to reset it before but this time i have no idea why it is doing this.
My battery is new and topped up. I thought the sensors are wet but it didint reset after a short ride even. Has anyone had this before, can u advice me what to do.

Hi.
I picked. The right one already but not working. If something might be wrong that dont know.

Where are you in London? I made a little flashing LED circuit which will tell you what the fault is, if you're nearby we could meet up and see what it says. It helped me diagnose a rear sensor issue on mine.

Yes in south west london . if u are nearby that would be great. I tried to reset countless time but it still fails.

Thanks anyway. I guess no one had an issue. Like this before

It might be worth checking the distances around the sensors and taking them off and cleaning them. It gave me a rear sensor warning for mine and in the end just unplugging it from the loom and cleaning up the connection was all it needed.

I had a small run in with a ditch on the High Kings run in June and could not reset the abs after picking the briars out of things. Tried resetting next morning but initially failed. I think I was holding the ABS button down while turning on the ign. Advice from GrumpyOne to not press the ABS button until the ign was on, and problem solved. I used a small allenkey to earth the #2 pin to the shock top bolt. I think the lights go from flashing alternately before reset to flashing together after reset. There was the usual clunking noise from self-test when I rode off and all has been well since.

Resetting R1150GS ABS2

Locate the round diagnostic connector on top of the airbox
With a wire, ground the brown/blue stripe wire (pin #2) and keep it grounded.
Turn the ignition on
Hold the ABS button down for about 8 seconds.
Release the ABS button.
Turn off the ignition, remove wire.

I did everything as stated but it fails each time. Will go crazy soon :) and i couldnt find any information properly. I hope someone here will be helpful.

Do all you brake light switches work correctly? Had issues with my 1100 with the switches - once I cleaned them all ok.

Do all you brake light switches work correctly? Had issues with my 1100 with the switches - once I cleaned them all ok.

Yes they all work fine. Wwhen i do the reset after 8 seconds releasing the abs button both lights come on and seems ok but when i turn the ignition off and on again it fails.
I cleaned the front wheel abs sensor but still fails, . :nenau will clean rear one tomorrow as well.

Ensure ...

... the hand guard hasn't rotated slightly during excessive washing and is preventing complete travel of the brake lever; believe me, it does happen :blast

... the hand guard hasn't rotated slightly during excessive washing and is preventing complete travel of the brake lever; believe me, it does happen :blast

I will check it again but not sure if i touched to levers at all.

I will check it again but not sure if i touched to levers at all.

You are probably better reading the code then you will know what you are looking for Its explained in this thread LINKY thats me at Post 3

on another site but I am not copying and pasting all the posts

Here is the result. I was just gonna check things as stated by you in an order and started to check the brake lever then checked the rear brake and sprayed with wd40 in case if there is any dirt then i gave a try to reset. Abs 2 procedure is followed and it worked somehow i did reset the abs and it is flashing as normal now.
I am not quite sure what was the problem and what caused it but apparently brake levers. Thanks for the help. :thumby:

Great news. I've had it before where constantly resetting it lead to nothing. I left it a few days and tried again and it worked. Glad it's solved for now!

Back
Top Bottom