Help: F650Gs ex Met Police bike

Harryboysdad

Reaction score
I've just picked this bike up, but can't get it running without jumping her- I did the usual head and ar$e scratching , checked the battery, charged it, alas, to no avail - Heard a clicking noise, so thought it might be relay- I contacted Motorworks ordered up a second hand set, these arrived , changed the relays, alas no joy- more ass scratching, thought it must then be the starter motor - contacted Motor-works who agreed to take back the relay and send a starter motor - had the starter motor delivered - fitted that - still clicking noise - sheepishly called Motor-works - who generously agreed to take back the starter motor. I thought maybe, just maybe its the battery :) I ordered a new battery and voila after fitting it i she fired up, but the positive terminal of the new battery got really hot-

I'm stumped embarrassed and out of ideas- I wonder whether the met have in order to run lights and radio etc. have they stepped up the voltage?
:thumb2

I've just picked this bike up, but can't get it running without jumping her- I did the usual head and ar$e scratching , checked the battery, charged it, alas, to no avail - Heard a clicking noise, so thought it might be relay- I contacted Motorworks ordered up a second hand set, these arrived , changed the relays, alas no joy- more ass scratching, thought it must then be the starter motor - contacted Motor-works who agreed to take back the relay and send a starter motor - had the starter motor delivered - fitted that - still clicking noise - sheepishly called Motor-works - who generously agreed to take back the starter motor. I thought maybe, just maybe its the battery :) I ordered a new battery and voila after fitting it i she fired up, but the positive terminal of the new battery got really hot-

I'm stumped embarrassed and out of ideas- I wonder whether the met have in order to run lights and radio etc. have they stepped up the voltage?
:thumb2

Was there a good connection on the positive terminal? was the end of the lead clean?

Was there a good connection on the positive terminal? was the end of the lead clean?

Thanks for the feedback-Yes it was - as clean as clean can be- I've just recleaned the terminal and the lead- again no joy and it looks like the battery is feeked as now its again "clicking" but doesnt have sufficent juice to again start ...:nenau

Voltage regulator fried? Get a multimeter and make sure it's not overcharging.

Try ...

... the link referenced in Post 2 of this thread :D

Thanks very much I think you and the later poster are on to something- i'll naturally keep you abreast of results-thanks all:aidan

Back
Top Bottom