Pannier options for 1100gs

anotherrick

Reaction score
First of all my apologies if this is the wrong section, secondly yes I have used the search section but still need advice.
My question is which panniers will fit the existing rails? Obviously the r1100gs ones but can I use ones from other models like 1100rt. 1150gs ect...

I can't afford new ones so will be looking online & breakers ect but don't want to spend money on something that's looks right but turns out to not fit.

Thanks in advance

The R1150GS system panniers (black plastic) are identical to those fitted to the R1100GS so they will fit the same black plastic rails you have on your bike. You can re-key the locks to fit your ignition key, so you can have one key opens all.

The system panniers have alternative lids available. Narrow city lids and extra wide touring lids.

If you are prepared to ditch your exhaust. You can get the left hand pannier from an R1100RT or because they are identical the R1150RT to fit, but you have to also carry out a slight modification to either the left pillion foot rest or to the pannier where it buts against the pillion foot rest.

Try another search.

Ian:thumb2

There will likely be someone along in a minute to tell you to look at some of the after market pannier systems out there. There are lots to choose from and though expensive, probably come cheaper second hand. Forgetting that you are on a tight budget.

Lots of people use the standard system panniers. They are OK for fit form and function. For general every day use and occasional holidaying.

I have them fitted to my bike all the time, though I have the city lids, which means the left hand pannier has minimal space, but that's OK, because that always has my puncture repair kit, straps and things. My right has a bit more space to stick things in. If I'm going holidaying, it takes me about 30 minutes to replace the lids for standard, and I have trippled the storage space.

I feel like I'm being a bore now, Sorry!

Ian:thumb

I've got a set of these panniers to sell if you're interested. The missus is nagging me to get rid of them!

Cheers for the replies guys, what you got slipperyeel?
Ive a remus exhaust so a bit more space down that side.

I can get some pictures to you if you like. In short they are the standard black bmw system panniers. I have a loaf of things to sell but just never get around to posting them! But I really need to do it if I'm going to be in favour at home!

I'm interested for the right price. I'm a tight Yorkshire man after all so don't like parting with my money lol. But they are what I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom