Tuning EPROM installing on 1100

Tsiklonaut

GS pervert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So i just got this from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=49880&item=7952800677&rd=1

How the hell i should install it if it doesn't have any manual with it (not shipped to me yet)?

Any experiences with that eprom chip?

Cheers, Margus aka was hoping it could reduce a bit fuel consumption and work better on lower octane too besides adding some more torque punch... (that i acctually don't need much) :D

Hi ya dead easy

Take tank off unbolt bolt ali box infront of ABS bits, then 4 screws and alot of glue sticking the 2 halves together, pull out old chip push in new one.

Basically as Poo said. However after you have token the 4 bolts out holding the ECU to the bracket, pull the unit out and disconnected the large plug-in socket. Obviously do this with the ignition off - just incase.

Go very carefull with the chips and dont bend any legs (they snap easily and are then most likely knackered, unless youre jammy and snap a leg that isnt used), dont use any metal tools to get the chips out. Bic pen tops work very well for this sort of thing. And try not to touch any of the legs with you hands (some chips can be easily damaged by static electricity).

I have just took my BB power chip off and put the original BMW back in. I got the bike with the chip in and was quite disappointed with the fuel consumption - approx 37mpg (no matter how I drove it). It now looks like I am getting nearer 50mpg with the same riding style.

What i have noticed is that I have lost a lot of torque (relatively speaking, but the gear changes are smother).

if i was going to do a lot of touring, 2 up or with a lot of baggage, I would put the chip back.

With the BBpower chip, the bike would hit a 95-100mph without really trying and pull from any gear, now I find I have work the engine and gearbo- but the fuel consumtion is a lot better.

Steve

Bargain

Good price there mate

You may want to try and find someone with the install notes as you will probably want to put the jumper in the relay position for the CCP. I have the notes for an 1150 but the 1100 may be different.

1100 BBPowerchip CCP link diagram:

Attachments

• chip1100late.gif
    chip1100late.gif
    86 KB · Views: 369

Back
Top Bottom