Soda Blast engine cleaning .. recommendations?

Bubb

Dogsbody
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone to soda blast clean the engine on my R80ST project.... preferably in the Surrey/South London area.

I dont have a compressor, or access to anyone else who has one, so cant rig up a cleaning system myself.

Many thanks

Bubb

Hi
I can't recommend anyone in your area, but I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences if you find somewhere as I'm looking to do the same on an old K100.
I've contacted a couple of local companies to me and asked about prices for blasting and coating wheels and they differred by as much as 30%.

There's a guy in Sevenoaks I'll try and find him for you.

I always use `Sutton Soda Blasting` near Sutton Coldfield in West Midlands . Very good and do lots of bike stuff . Check what finish you require as you can get polished surface or normal cast alloy. Soda blasting is different from Vapour blasting , aluminium or steel bead blasting. Always use Soda blasting on engine parts (casting) or you`ll end up with blasting material in the oil at a later date ! They will powder coat or enamel wheels and frames.
Den

I know you said that you don't have a compressor etc.....but Aldi or lidl? do them from time to time with accessories , I got one for this very purpose and its pretty good, I rigged up up of those Jewsons bulk bags to catch and re-use the material. It might work out more cost effective

Can anyone recommend someone to soda blast clean the engine on my R80ST project.... preferably in the Surrey/South London area.

I dont have a compressor, or access to anyone else who has one, so cant rig up a cleaning system myself.

Many thanks

Bubb

I have seen these people at Kempton Park on many occasions, I have never used them though, maybe worth a call as they are only in Puttenham.
http://www.carbcleaning.com/contact

Back
Top Bottom