Congestion zone avoidance data....

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone bothered sorting out the congestion zone area for a Quest or similar yet??

(yeah yeah I know, but I use mine in the cage as well)

I started, but as you don't seem to be able to do it from Mapsource, you have to do it on the unit itself and each time you select a rectangle to exclude, it zooms right back out again and I didn't have the patience.

There is a version on 'tinternet but it's in some odd format that has to be used with some odd software.......and as usual iI'm looking for a quick and easy cheaty version ;)

:D

Hi Fanum .. nice to see you recently.

How this for starters, no doubt the Forum tekky heads will have something new to play with.

http://www.travelbygps.com/special/london/congestion.php

Click on the binoculars (sysmbol shown) to see a demonstration of Fugawi displaying the London Congestion Charge Zone. london_fugawi.GIF
(Approx.140 KB) opens in a new window.

GPS Map _
Download the free GPS Map in GPS eXchange (.gpx) file format, which can be read and transferred to your GPS using free EasyGPS software.
(The .gpx file will appear in a new window where you can File > Save as..._ on your computer).

RAM-man

Thanks Steve...that's the 'odd one' I referred to......I'll give it a go if noone's actually set it up alreqady but being a lazy bastid I wanted to avoid the messing about bit ;)

Bill

Read that second line again there Greg.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have to take the cage in quite often for work......poxy place...had to go to southall today...2 hours drive to do 30 miles.

Madness :mad:

Fanum said:
Read that second line again there Greg.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have to take the cage in quite often for work...

I know that!!

What I was inferring was that you should dump the cage and use your bike. The DR-Z is a great tool for hacking around town. Put your stuff in a rucksack!

:moped:

Greg

Has anyone bothered sorting out the congestion zone area for a Quest or similar yet??

(yeah yeah I know, but I use mine in the cage as well)

I started, but as you don't seem to be able to do it from Mapsource, you have to do it on the unit itself and each time you select a rectangle to exclude, it zooms right back out again and I didn't have the patience.

There is a version on 'tinternet but it's in some odd format that has to be used with some odd software.......and as usual iI'm looking for a quick and easy cheaty version ;)

:D

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone had managed to sort out an easy download to set as an avoidance for the congestion charging zone yet.:bow

If you select 'Avoid Toll Roads' my 2610 will avoid the CC zone. I imagine the Quest is the same. However, I think that you need v8 or v9 mapping.

Greg

If you select 'Avoid Toll Roads' my 2610 will avoid the CC zone. I imagine the Quest is the same. However, I think that you need v8 or v9 mapping.

Greg

I'm using a Zumo, with it set to avoid toll roads and I went from Wimbledon to Kentish Town Road yesterday and it took me straight through central London. Lucky I was on two wheels.
On friday I have to do the same journey in the car and I have no idea where anything is in London:nenau

Bob

I'm using a Zumo, with it set to avoid toll roads and I went from Wimbledon to Kentish Town Road yesterday and it took me straight through central London.
Bob

Yesterday was Sunday :blast - Congestion Charge doesn't apply.

I think the Garmins know that.

Greg

There is a route ...

... through the CC zone from North - South that does not incur a charge; but not one from East - West :mad:

Will you pay if I get ripped off on friday?:thumb

No.

Because it was forecast to piss down this morning, I went to work in my car. Left home at 06.00hrs (arrived work 06.55hrs)

Left work at 18.01hrs (arrived home at 19.30+ hrs).

All to save eight quid and a soaking! Never again.

Sort your own CC out!!

:(

Greg

Cheers Guys' Thanks for the info:thumb2 I've plotted a route to take me well away from the zone but haven't a clue how bad traffic will be.:nenau

Back
Top Bottom