Nav V on a F800GS

Deleted account 181015003

Reaction score
Well its all set up on the bike was dead easy straight swap for a Zumo 660 took about half a hour to change the cradles

Fitting to the 800 is a simple plug the unit in to the pre wired plug clipped to the top of the battery route the cables and mount the cradle

I did a full update and registered the unit through Garmin Express took a couple of hours and now running firmware 2.9o and maps 2015.20 all installed first time with no issues.

I then cleared out a load of the unwanted languages user manual and basecamp to gain some space on the drive.

The nav v connected to my phone a note 3 and helmet Schuberth SRC headset with no issues and works fine for making calls not tried music playback yet but dont think there will be any issues.

After messing about with the Nav v on the bike for a hour or so I noticed the cradle was not turning off shortly after the ignition this turns out to be a common issue where the battery is a bit low and the canbus thinks the Nav V is a charger and does not turn of the power this is sorted by taking the bike for a ride for a few miles then it all works fine afterwards.

The best thing so far is the Garmin Smart Phone link where you can send a point on the map on your phone to the Nav V as its easier to browse the map on the phone then the sat nav.

Back
Top Bottom