DR250

Johnnymac

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got a nice little DR250 recently with the aim of green lane-ing, after realising that my 800gs is a bit of an expensive lump in the mud.
Anyone else got one or know of an owner forum?
Mines a late lecky start only model

John

John, Guess your DR250 is the DOHC model. I have a DR250RS dual start which has seen regular green lanes use for 10 years and still going strong. I haven't found a thriving forum but there used to be info on the Thumpertalk site. The next version of this same bike is the DR-Z250 which is virtually identical. For spares CMS the Dutch spares supplier is brilliant. Previously ran an XR250 but much prefer the DR.
Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. I'm trying to find an owner's manual in pdf too, but most of the download sites seem a bit dodgy looking! Don't even know how much oil to put in it at the moment!

John

Brilliant! Ta.
I'll have a read up and maybe subscribe so I can download. Thanks very much.
John

Hi Johnny
After getting your PM, I found this thread. Sadly, if you've posted photo's of your bike, they're blocked (at work)

You should be able to find out what model it is by the frame number, the paint work and features. Big round headlight usually means a Djebel version. Smaller square-ish, the standard DR250.
This may be vaguely helpful
http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/dr250/

I have a Haynes manual and a parts book (in Japanese) then double check on http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-dr250_model13167/

You do need to know - the DRZ and Djebels are totally different to the standard DR250 & if you have one of those, more likely to find DR350 spares fit :)

I'm busy with DIY chores at home but I work in York and can pop over after work or meet up over the weekend? Is your bike a runner?

Hi Elle, Going to have a look at the frame number tomorrow, Checked the VIN number on the log book with some vin decoder websites but found nothing. It's got a blue frame and white tank and a round headlight. Just got a new battery for it too, so need to get that fitted and get it MOT-ed soon. Want to change the oil but can't until know what model and hence filter and oil amount!

John

dr250

Have confirmed it's a DR250SEP. White frame, but Djebel stickers long gone. Anyone got a pdf of the owners manual? I want to give it a service but know nothing of it at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom