Decision Made

Clifton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth on this for some time but have decided in interest of simplifying things to sell my 04 FXDXI and trade the 09 FLHT on a new Road King which should somewhat split the difference. I was able to choose color, brakes, and wheels from one the dealer has coming up for production next month. I don't care for the two tone paint this year and there are only two solid colors blue and sort of a beige called Morocco Gold. The FLHT being blue I chose Morocco Gold for a change. Cast wheels with tubeless tires, I went back and forth but decided against the linked brake ABS option. The seat will need changed, rear docking hardware added, and I will probably cut down or buy a slightly shorter windshield.
The FLHT has served me well and the Super Glide Sport is set up nice so I hope I don't regret the decision. At least I'll have space in the garage to work.

Good choice... RK and GS, best of both worlds...

Do you get the Hard Bag option? Fibreglass....? Our UK RK's have Spokes and Faux Leather bags.....only the CVO models have wagon wheels and hard bags...

Thanks guys!
Twizzle over here as of last year HD quit offering the Road King Classic which came with faux leather bags, spoke wheels (16" rear), and whitewall tires, basically the version they sell in the UK I guess. I prefer the one they still offer here with cast wheels (tubeless tires) and hard color matched bags. Spoke wheels, security, and linked ABS are options which I chose to not to order. I went back and forth deciding on ABS, my current 09 Electra Glide Standard has ABS and obviously the GS does, but ultimately decided against them on this bike. As of last year Harley's ABS on the tourers are linked both ways, applying the rear brake also activates one front caliper. The brakes become unlinked below around 25 mph. I've heard changing brake fluid is challenging, almost a dealer task.

Back
Top Bottom