Recommend me a european breakdown recovery policy?

Wham I was with Carol Nash I just extended my recovery for Europe but since leaving I've used the AA .....

Never needed to use either so can't really tell any tales ....

AA, RAC, Green Flag, 'stuff' bolted onto your Motor insurance, 'stuff' given away free by banks and building societies, ADAC, Motorrad Extended Warranty cover, MAG's 'By bikers, for bikers' (if that ain't enough to set alarm bells ringing) - Everyman and his wife has their favourite, those that they spit on and those that their mate's mate down the pub tells then is the dog's bollocks or the tits on a bull.

In short, put 'European Motor Breakdown' into Google, have a look at what pops up, read the terms, look at the premiums and take YOUR pick. You'll be as good (or no worse) at it as every other bod, trust me.

I'm kinda confused by this thread. :confused:

The OP is obviously the adventurous type judging by his forum name. :nenau

However this 'devil may care' attitude appears to have come unstuck by a anxious appeal to approx 13000 registered members to help find some breakdown cover only days before departure.

I'd give him a week before he reappears at Calais - tired, muddy and happy but on his hands and knees begging to be put on the next train back to Blighty. ;) :D

It's the 21st century's virtual equivalent of stoping on an unnamed piste to seek directions in a native camp, drawing direction arrows in the sand with a stick as the sun beats down, sweat stings the eyes as a goat is slaughtered for a feast in the traveler's honour.

It's all a perilous adventure to the bod this jaunt into Western Europe:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?380867-Riding-abroad&p=3908446#post3908446

post 27 onwards.

Dear God - Plan A was Africa. :eek:

The ebola outbreak fortunately scuppered that idea. :D

David Livingstone wouldn't have let the deaths of a few hundred Africans put him off... :nenau

Lets hope Mummy's home number is on speed dial and Daddy is prepared to fund International Rescue to bring our intrepid explorer home if required. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom