spark plugs

gavin

Has anyone tried any platinum or iridium, or any upgrade type of spark plugs in their GS, and have they noticed any improvment over the original type?

gavin said:
Has anyone tried any platinum or iridium, or any upgrade type of spark plugs in their GS, and have they noticed any improvment over the original type?

Yup with great success try NGK 2 BKR7EKC-N (NGK R) well worth a six quid.

Regards

Graham.

I have put in single pole platinum plugs and it really does seem crisper and smoother. Mind you, I did put in a K&N air filter at the same time so that might account for some of it.

ajd said:
I have put in single pole platinum plugs and it really does seem crisper and smoother. Mind you, I did put in a K&N air filter at the same time so that might account for some of it.

Doh :rolleyes: methinks twas the K&N my friend!

I tried the single pole platinum and I`m disappointed.
Does`nt start so easily. I`m going back to standard this service

Put platinum plugs in my 1100 and it seemed much smoother, especially at town speeds. Sold that bike last January but haven't put platinums in the 1150 yet. Might give it a try after the white cold stuffs gone away.

Mike R

Spark plugs

Moto Works do not list the platinum plugs for the 1150GS only the 1100, are the comments below about platinums in an 1150?? Is this safe and ok to do ?? Moto works advised me that they do not stock platinums yet for 1150 but they can be found, this implies that the plugs listed for 1100's are not the same as for an 1150??

Any help appreciated !!
Blobby

Back
Top Bottom