Service kit from motor works

Simian73

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ordered a service kit from motorworks and has come with air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, fuel pump sealing ring, fuel filter hose clamps, two spark plugs but only 3 crush washers. One for fd fill, one for fd drain and one for gb fill. Looking on the parts microfiche there isn't one for gb drain but there is one for the engine drain shown as 16x20. Looking on motor works website they also list a crush washer set which has 5 washers in presumably for each plug. Which is right and do I need to contact them about the missing engine drain (sump) washer? Oh it's an 1150 gs on a 2001 single spark model. Cheers.

I almost never replace the washers if they look ok and I have never ever had a leak.... But presumably you paid for them, and motorworks are pretty reliable, I'm sure they'd send them pronto if you told them. But 'needing' them is a different question :)

I've had lots of service kits and they've always had 3 washers. I've only replaced the missing 2 at the last service as they looked a bit past it. That's for a 2002 R1150GSA

Make sure the engine drain washer isn't in the oil filter box.

No drain plug in the oil filter box, I will give them a call today

Spoke with motorworks this morning and they are sending the rest of the crush washers (Aluminium). I will be taking the oil back and getting some proper stuff, just having an issue with the 20/50 rating as most of the bike stuff is 10w40 or lower and the car stuff is for old shonkers (as I have bought!). Will keep looking!

Looking on the silkolene website and putting in the bike it recommends pro4 or pro4 plus which are both fully synthetic and 10/40, I have 20 litres of comp 4 semi synthetic 10/40 that I used for my other bikes so as winter is coming and the cooler temperatures then I am Ok to put this in? Cheers

Spoke with motorworks this morning and they are sending the rest of the crush washers (Aluminium). I will be taking the oil back and getting some proper stuff, just having an issue with the 20/50 rating as most of the bike stuff is 10w40 or lower and the car stuff is for old shonkers (as I have bought!). Will keep looking!

You do not want motorcycle oil, that is mainly for wet clutch protection, our bikes have a dry clutch. The API rating is what you need to ensure is correct.

Finally settled for valvoline vr1 20/50 mineral
AADG3ITXu4J0WKx_YfMuuZw9a

+1 for the valvoline, have used this on every oil change (98 r1100gs), and if you can find Mahle oil filter OC 91 D (I think ) always comes with a load of aluminium crush washers.

+1 for the valvoline, have used this on every oil change (98 r1100gs), and if you can find Mahle oil filter OC 91 D (I think ) always comes with a load of aluminium crush washers.

I bought the Mahle oil filter from a chain car accessory shop, they are used on some cars so readily available locally. Much cheaper too, OC 91 or OC91d .

Back
Top Bottom