It's learning my routes!!!!!

Titto

Reaction score
I can't recall reading about this function, but recently, after the latest firmware update and map update when I turn the bike on to leave my place of work, the nav v has a blue bar across the top of the map telling me the time it will take me to get home.
You can click the bar and then it will go into more detail, or you can click go to route.

A pleasant little function I wasn't aware of!

I can't recall reading about this function, but recently, after the latest firmware update and map update when I turn the bike on to leave my place of work, the nav v has a blue bar across the top of the map telling me the time it will take me to get home.
You can click the bar and then it will go into more detail, or you can click go to route.

A pleasant little function I wasn't aware of!

I get the same on our cheapo car Garmin. Useful if I forget where I live I suppose!

John

I get the same on our cheapo car Garmin. Useful if I forget where I live I suppose!

John

It's probably using the Traffic app to avoid any possible delays & create a new route if required, hence quoting the time to get back home.

When I read up on it ,there is a learning or trending mode. Not my words. Never be lost again unless you are in the Alps:eek: just take a map:D

It will upset the timing predictions when Tesco put in speed bumps, forcing a stop to switch to 'Off road, no ABS' mode to deal with the obstacle. Forcing a subsequent stop shortly thereafter to switch to Dynamic Plus mode (Full ABS and additional traction control) to complete the 50 yard run to the designated bikers' parking area to chill with like minded souls.

The calculation will be thrown further awry when Tesco install a steel height restrictor, catching out the unwary biker when standing on his pegs, surveying the featureless expanse of tarmac, with inevitable consequences. Following biker complaints, Garmin will add a subscription service app, coupled to their speed camera service, providing early warning of the hazard. This hi-tech enhancement will still not satisfy Biker Mate Dave from Redditch who will declare it "Shit, mate and a rip-off" as he pulls his teeth from six inches of box section steel.

Hmmm... So you post a featue on this site and you get sarcastic remarks back?!

Ok, Maybe useful or not, but thought Id stick it on here anyway - lesson learned.

I have been away from Garmin Sat Navs for about 5 years so it was a feature I wasnt expecting to see. What was strange was that this has never appeared in the first 12 months of ownership, only since the last update and map update. Strange.

Hmmm... So you post a featue on this site and you get sarcastic remarks back?!

Dear Tit, reading this and other responses of yours you do seem to be a little highly strung for this place; relax and let it all flow over you and you'll find it's a useful place to be, continuing in Umbrage Mode will not serve you well.

HIGHLY STRUNG?!!! Me? Ha ha.
:eek:

....Your probably right! but there is a culture on here of knocking any post that anyone submits....

HIGHLY STRUNG?!!! Me? Ha ha.
:eek:

....Your probably right! but there is a culture on here of knocking any post that anyone submits....

No.... you are wrong again !

There are a few pricks on here who do nothing but demean anything anyone posts. I believe their cup is constantly half empty

Quite entertaining at times mind.

Like stated above....... Just let it wash over you.

Back
Top Bottom