1976 Montesa Cota 348 M.R. Replica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Work in progress
Needs Lighting kit/ registration/MOT and I have a little play thing for up in the woods and can cross the public highway legally.
I may just MOT with a daytime MOT to start with ;)

The Carbon effect tape to protect the paint on the frame is not staying ! Bit of a naff idea !

I thought the Malcolm Rathmell 348 edition came without stripes, whereas the later 349 has those stripes?

Stripes look better though:thumby:

Montesa Cota

Nice bike, I rode one back in 1982 at the Manx two day trial. The two toughest days I've ever had on a trial bike. The last section was Douglas harbour steps, the only section I cleaned. But bloody good fun. Oh the good old days.....

Gazza

I thought the Malcolm Rathmell 348 edition came without stripes, whereas the later 349 has those stripes?

Yes this, this is a real MR Replica:thumb

P1000063-XL.jpg

Here,s a guy crossing the road Legally.Bonnie bike mate :thumb<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Szd7CyFE4AA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have two tank covers, The one fitted is painted up
The MR tank cover is plain red with the embossed signature BUT as its a crap paint job it's not on the bike at present

The frame/ swing arm have been powder coated black

Cheers

& I've gone and bought another winter project now a non runner Royal Enfield Bullet.....( standing since 2011 and battery is DEAD)...............

Hey ho :rolleyes:

Freebie and the bean ~ one of my favourite ever movie chase scenes! :clap
Thanks for that! :bounce1

That's tidy.
I've just seen this.
I had an Ulf Karlsson replica for years that was good fun if you kept it off road and didn't do road trials for any distance. It had the same front tank shroud fixture yours has - 2 penny washes and a bolt!

Fluff.

That's tidy.
I've just seen this.
I had an Ulf Karlsson replica for years that was good fun if you kept it off road and didn't do road trials for any distance. It had the same front tank shroud fixture yours has - 2 penny washes and a bolt!

Fluff.

Yes simple is sometimes best.
When the weather improves I'll get around to painting the "correct" tank cover and the one shown on the above pic's will be the spare.
To be fair I've had this bike three months and last started and rode it...................

3months ago :blast

Too much time playing "classic car"

The bike has a brand new carb/ uprated progressive front springs and uprated gas rear shocks in short about "new" most things rubber /seals/bushes/head has been off to inspect and all new gaskets

I've collected all the road kit (lighting kit) off e bay and speedometer plus decompressor (still to fit)

As and when I fit the speedometer & rear number plate I can take it on a trailer for its "daytime" MOT

I'm still trying to get an official "dating" certificate so it can be road registered

:thumb2

As for Malcolm Rathmell tank NOT having stripes.....................

Here,s a guy crossing the road Legally.Bonnie bike mate :thumb<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Szd7CyFE4AA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That would have been soooo much better if he'd ridden up and along the line of collapsing dominoes wouldn't it! :D

Very nice bike, I used to have the Cota 200 version when I rode in schoolboy trials.....but that was quite a while ago lol

Does it matter he's riding a bike with one cc more with stripes ! lol :D

349, different silencer, full length alloy bash plate underneath motor, bottom frame tubes did not run full length under the motor, which meant that.....if the bash plate fixing bolts came loose, all the stress in the bottom of the frame was taken by the front engine mounting lug.

err, how do I know this....I'm presently building a 248 version, and I have bought 2 spare engines with broken front lugs, and seen loads more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom