GPS options

Diamond Blade

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have just made the transition from a GS to an RT after 11 years, it was a real treat to ride a bike that actually sheltered you from the wind and elements.
My question relates to which GPS to fit to the bike. My bike (1200 LC) is GPS prepared, so the fitment and power is already there, and whilst I would like to have the Nav5, I just cannot justify the expense to myself.
I read onhere about others using the Zumo 660LM, which new, is more in my price range. The dealer was keen to extol the virtues of the Nav 5 against all others, but is it worth the money against a 660? Also, if I got a 660, would it fit securely I to the BM bracket? For what its worth, I don't listen to music when running, nor do I link my phone to the Autocom system, which is used only for bike to bike comms.

It's the same unit me thinks ?

You thinks incorrectly. Zumo 660 and Nav IV are similar. Nav IV would work with the wheel controller on the left handlebar. Zumo 660 will only be powered by the mount on the RT. Nav V will have the full range of functions which the RT supports, i.e. engine data, tyre pressures, etc.

You thinks incorrectly. Zumo 660 and Nav IV are similar. Nav IV would work with the wheel controller on the left handlebar. Zumo 660 will only be powered by the mount on the RT. Nav V will have the full range of functions which the RT supports, i.e. engine data, tyre pressures, etc.
What I ment was it would sit in the holder and look the same

Nav IV, Nav V, and the 660 are all the same fitment. So yes, the 660 will fit and work on your bike, but will only be touch screen operated, as against thumb wheel operation of the Nav units.

Is the Nav V worth the extra ?.............. Depends on how much you want that thumb wheel to work, and if you need the extra's it gives you.

Personally the 660 did everything I needed it to do, so stayed with it.

If you want to try my Nav IV on your bike, let me know and we can arrange something.

Appreciate that Schtum, I'm aware you're a neighbour so if I decide to get one, I will get intouch. Many thanks

I would have thought this potentially would get more replies in the RT section.
Isn't Nav V different, sound wise from the IV & the 660 ? If you want to link it into your Autocom, it's BT only ? Of course, I may be talking bollocks......:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom