Recovering tracks from my Nav V

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just come back from a trip covering 5,300 miles over 3 weeks & would like to have a look at the route that the Nav V took me on. I'm pretty sure it was tracking my route as there was a dark blue line on the screen showing where I'd been but I can't for the life of me see how to download it onto Basecamp so I can peruse it at my leisure.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanx.

Plug it in to your device. From what I can remember, Basecamp has a banner message telling you there are tracks to download.

If that banner doesn't appear then you should be able to Import tracks from the drop down menus quite easily.

Look in the Nav V's directories using your computer - you should see something like this

Nav%20V%20files.png

These numbered files will contain a history of your recorded tracks. They are numbered sequentially and I only have number 30 here because I chose to delete the others. You can also often find your tracks in the Current.gpx and temp.gpx files

I only managed 4,800 miles. Are you sure you weren't?!:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 126
Thanx chaps, I'll have another play around at the weekend.

Andy, That's very odd. I reset the trip computer on the Sat Nav at the beginning of the trip.
Glyn also did in excess of 5,000 miles. :nenau

Mind you, some of spent more time riding than getting stopped by Plod. :D
Just saying like.;)

It could be explained by the fact that I deliberately didn't ride on the days off and I didn't venture up to Clinton.:thumb2

I was going to say that some people took a shortcut :)

Adding my 1600+ in from week before - I did approx 7k...

I would love the tracks if you have them Bill...

My zumo 660 seems to have wiped the first half of the trip???

If I can find them Pete you're certainly welcome to a copy.

Not sure if the nav 5 works the same way as the earlier models but the tracks are all stored in this location > \Garmin\Garmin\GPX\Archive as GPX files. These are, as the name suggests, the archived tracks. There will also be the current tracks (since the last time an archive was automatically created) in \Garmin\Garmin\GPX\Current.gpx. This could just be a few miles or hundreds of miles.

These files can be opened in a variety of programs including Mapsource and Basecamp. You can of course open them directly in Basecamp itself as suggested above.

Back
Top Bottom