Time to stop lurking!

biking photographer

Reaction score
Today I had the great pleasure of riding a truly special Harley Davidson home to Wales. I have admired this bike for a couple of years now, ever since I started "lurking in this section". Melch owned it at the time, and I was knocked out at how beautifully he had customised its appearance, never for one moment thinking that one day I may be riding that bike. When Dave posted it for sale recently I knew I could not let it pass, and I contacted him. With a great generosity of spirit, and some sage words of wisdom, he has kindly agreed pass the bike into my stewardship, although I am sure he must have had some concerns as I wobbled my way out through the gates this afternoon! An afternoon with the bike, on my journey back to Cardiff, has made me realise that there is a very enjoyable form of motorcycling which I hadn't already experienced.Riding a Harley really is a load of fun! So, please feel free to welcome me, or take the piss, or both. Here is a photograph I grabbed near Bath this afternoon, just before the sun sank below the horizon. The first of many I expect.

Attachments

• _DSF5280.jpg
    _DSF5280.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 347
Today I had the great pleasure of riding a truly special Harley Davidson home to Wales. I have admired this bike for a couple of years now, ever since I started "lurking in this section". Melch owned it at the time, and I was knocked out at how beautifully he had customised its appearance, never for one moment thinking that one day I may be riding that bike. When Dave posted it for sale recently I knew I could not let it pass, and I contacted him. With a great generosity of spirit, and some sage words of wisdom, he has kindly agreed pass the bike into my stewardship, although I am sure he must have had some concerns as I wobbled my way out through the gates this afternoon! An afternoon with the bike, on my journey back to Cardiff, has made me realise that there is a very enjoyable form of motorcycling which I hadn't already experienced.Riding a Harley really is a load of fun! So, please feel free to welcome me, or take the piss, or both. Here is a photograph I grabbed near Bath this afternoon, just before the sun sank below the horizon. The first of many I expect.

Thank you for the kind words sir. Congratulations on the new bike, I hope you have many miles of enjoyment from it. At least I know it will have been passed onto you as clean as a whistle after JD had it. Good to see it's gone to a good home (not that it's any of my damn business of course). Hey Dave, this must be a record for you...10 months you had that...that's almost a 'lifetime' bike. :beerjug:

Nice looking RK there Photographer, congratulations! What seat is on it, Corbin?

Hi Jonathan, congratulations on your excellent taste in motorcycles, you have a gorgeous bike there! Baggers are the future! lol
I am on the cusp of getting either a Harley or a Guzzi myself. I rode a few Harleys as loan bike when I had my Buell and love the motor and the whole experience, as you say, there is another side to biking isn't there?
Me, I loved the look of Clifton's FXDX but the cost of importing it was fairly high, (shame because it is a lovely example of that model), so I am looking for either a decent FXDX, a standard Electra Glide or a RK with hard bags, oh yeah, the Guzzi Cali Vintage also appeals......!
By the way, have you still got that gorgeous Yamaha 535? If anyone thinks you can't have a gorgeous 535, just post a pic to prove them wrong :beerjug:

By the way, have you still got that gorgeous Yamaha 535? If anyone thinks you can't have a gorgeous 535, just post a pic to prove them wrong :beerjug:

WHUT!!!!!!!!!!! Oh sweet Jesus...Dave, Dave, Dave...what have you done? :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MsmjWx-5LYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry... but have never heard the term gorgeous and 535 appear in the same sentence. :blast :D

Am sure it will quickly be forgiven (but never forgotten...) by this lot. ;)

An invite to Le Hog 2015 will soon be in the post and don't forget yer glad rags as this bunch sure know how to party.

:hogroast:ymca2

535 Allllaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MbkCU-BNA2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG Jonathan, what kind of Pandora's Box have I opened, I mean a 535 is one thing, but yours really is/was a cracker! Never had one myself of course but we all have a cross we have to bear...... :green gri

Excellent, thanks Mike (longdog)

I'm glad it has started, it was starting to feel like San Fransisco in the summer of 67! Decide for yourself about the 535. Straight through pipes, small straight bars, I have used it back and fore to my studio and around Cardiff for the last 2 years. I think the trendy term is "Cafe hopper". Cage drivers can hear it coming, and it squeezes through the tiniest of gaps. It has made me smile every time I have ridden it in the last two years- not bad for a "woman's bike", I think I must be confident in my sexuality! (Which is more than can be said for many HD riders.):eek:
Here is a picture........decide for yourself.

Attachments

• jj's bobber .jpg
    jj's bobber .jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 140
I'm glad it has started, it was starting to feel like San Fransisco in the summer of 67! Decide for yourself about the 535. Straight through pipes, small straight bars, I have used it back and fore to my studio and around Cardiff for the last 2 years. I think the trendy term is "Cafe hopper". Cage drivers can hear it coming, and it squeezes through the tiniest of gaps. It has made me smile every time I have ridden it in the last two years- not bad for a "woman's bike", I think I must be confident in my sexuality! (Which is more than can be said for many HD riders.):eek:
Here is a picture........decide for yourself.

Oh dear God, I can't believe anyone put that much effort into, what is basically a toy from a cracker.......:D the question is why? ...:D

Back
Top Bottom