Wales Off road Ride out

casey

Guy & Girls,

Get ready for some fantastic pic,s from this weekends event in north Wales.
Should have some gooduns.
If not of anyone else then of me!!!

The muddier the better I say.

Do we have any posers along for the day, Other than me :cool:

Casey

650 Dakar

Just like to say "thanks Tim" for a great days riding.

Casey and myself home safely.

Hope you can sort out the pic of Gerrys "feeding duck" :D

I must say that I'm impressed with the capabilities of Ians and Chris' 1150s - but would they have riding so confidently if they'd been able to see where they were going? It's a shame the mist came down, especially as the track will be closed in future (and I ain't walking for the view!).

Nice tester to end the ride aswell.

Looking forward to the pics.

Ride safely......

Thanks Tim for a great weekend.

I can imagine the thoughts of those hillwalkers Chris and I passed near the summit at 770 metres altitude: "Aren't those 250kg 130mph motorcycles? Isn't the nearest road 4 miles away? How the hell did they get up here?!" I'm not quite sure how we managed it either but I'm sure glad we did.

Comedy highlight of the day has to be Gerry's sub-aqua adventures. That pothole was incredible. Anyone know where I can buy a beak-mounted winch like on a Landrover in case next time there aren't six of us to heave the bike out?

We must do it again. How about that Cadair Idris trail next time?

Fun in the Welsh SUN!

Boys and Girls,

I cant stop grinning.
What a great days ride out. Bloody cold at 5 in the morn but hey cant expect it to be a warm 35 deg can we.!
After a quick blast up to northewrn Wales and a few attempts by Paul W and myself to find Tims place. We were there. Beach riding was great fun and I managed a fast 95mph pass on the sand but thought better go slow as a little loose in the rear end at that speed and I might have a BIG off. Boys said I sounded like a drone? Must be a war thingy the brits have.
Beach was wide and flat, if not a little wet, and the fact that Yamaha are still to make a reliable 600 TT ( proven by Tims poor little toy TT ] ) Got to the beach and then stop. No more go.
After a quick mount swap to a trusty XR250, and the TT left on the beach in the van we were off. To the hill we said and we did.
A great little track with great views ( Fog and more fog ][URL=http://www.tycomeetings.com/caseythomas/TalkingThomas/Wales_08-12-02/DSCN0057.JPG]) and cold at 1 deg at the top, passed a few walkers who had a puzzled look on face. How did you get .....???

After the cold hill top ( how many meters? ) we met up with Gerry in Bests_y_coed ( spelling???) for a bit to eat and then off again.
A few nice easy trails and a little hole that Gerry managed to find, that I had to ride through!][URL=http://www.tycomeetings.com/caseythomas/TalkingThomas/Wales_08-12-02/DSCN0064.JPG] just to do it.

:D

Tim showed Pal and Myself a great little narly trail full of nasty rocks and a few slippery tree roots etc. Great end to the day and a great ride out for one and all who made the effort to get out and about. Paul and I headed for home about 7ish and Im sure the boys made good of a few at the local before a curry or other.

All pics can be found at

[URL=http://www.tycomeetings.com/caseythomas/TalkingThomas/Wales_08-12-02 ( all pics are stright from the camers and some are around 1 meg )

Tim,

GREAT day out and Im sure that something could be sorted in the High peak of a similar outing for anyone who wants to give it a go. Hmmmm a project for next year me thinks. Will sort something and let all know.

Great fun and a great bunch of lads.

Casey

Dakar650

Yes that was a great day AND we all survived the ensuing court case!!!
:clap

Back
Top Bottom