New to Guzzis so, hello .....

Mad_Accountant

Reaction score
If you cut me I bleed BMW, I'm currently on my 7th GS (a one year old Triple Black 1200 Adventure) but I am interested in a change.

I have seen a pleasant Breva 750 ie and was wondering if there are any issues with this bike I should watch for? I am happy with the limited performance (is it 42 bhp?) but I want an economical chug around which avoids the astronomical repair bills I have been experiencing.

Also would someone please clarify, is it possible to fit a centre stand to this bike (a 2010 model) ?

Thank you in advance.

Phil

Welcome to V twins. The first link provides great technical advice; same as here with less banter. The local groups are very active and very helpful. Enjoy

Hi Phil,
I was the same,had BMW right through the middle of me,but after not gelling for several reasons with my R1200gs wc te I swapped it for a new Stelvio NTX.

Difficult to explain why but these Guzzi's seem to get right under your skin.

Now I've owned a lot a of bikes over the last 43yrs but the Stelvio is my first Guzzi,only regret I have is, I didn't discover them years ago.

The other disadvantage is I can't keep off the bloody thing it's so addictive.

If you do purchase.I'm sure you'll love it.

Steve

If you cut me I bleed BMW, I'm currently on my 7th GS (a one year old Triple Black 1200 Adventure) but I am interested in a change.

I have seen a pleasant Breva 750 ie and was wondering if there are any issues with this bike I should watch for? I am happy with the limited performance (is it 42 bhp?) but I want an economical chug around which avoids the astronomical repair bills I have been experiencing.

Also would someone please clarify, is it possible to fit a centre stand to this bike (a 2010 model) ?

Thank you in advance.

Phil

The 750 has few similarities with the 1100.

Here you go re main stand and I can recommend this company. I have bought several items from them and their prices tend to be very competitive, even with the postsge
http://www.stein-dinse.biz/advanced...750+stand&x=8&y=4&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1

Thank you all.

I visited a dealer today and they only had new v7s in the showroom. I was highly impressed with the bikes. I was a little worried that I could not see one "loaded" with screen / luggage etc but the bike show may yield better luck.

Certainly two of the Beemers will soon go and I remain tempted by the Breva.

Once again, thank you everyone.

wrinkle and fatal, I hear you but I wish to get away from the weight, I'm really looking to replace my R100R Boxer which defies all the money I throw at it and remains annoyingly faulty.

It is time for a change and I'm trying to avoid the Japanese - I've been saying for a long time, if not BMW then Guzzi :)

I had a 750 Breva for a few years, then a Stelvio.

Between the two, I rode Guzzis for eight years. Both were totally reliable - never spent a bean beyond normal service/wear-and-tear costs.

The Breva is little and light, not very powerful but lots of fun and if the Guzzi bug bites you, you'll really like it...

:beerjug:

Once again, thank you everyone.

wrinkle and fatal, I hear you but I wish to get away from the weight, I'm really looking to replace my R100R Boxer which defies all the money I throw at it and remains annoyingly faulty.

It is time for a change and I'm trying to avoid the Japanese - I've been saying for a long time, if not BMW then Guzzi :)

Fully understand what you're saying and the Stelvio is a heavy beast when pushing it around especially with a full tank,but becomes very managable once walking pace is reached.

I really like the look of the Breva and the 1200 sport,and would love one as a second bike to cosset,but that aint going to happen any time soon.

There are many bikes that on paper would appear much better buys than the Guzzi family,and I really only have the bmw gs's and the Stelvio ntx to compare,and without doubt the gs is a better bike on paper than the gs,but if they where parked next to each other in my garage I can only say the gs would not be racking up many miles.

To me riding a bike is all about how it makes you feel, and the Guzzi makes me feel how I felt riding a bike 40 odd years ago and for that reason alone it's worth every penny.

My missus calls the Stelvio my "goomah" (Italian mistress) and I can't say I'd disagree with her.

It's a long way to go but Andy at Teasdale motorcycles is a top guy to deal with.

Steve

Here's a further update.

I took a squiz at the paperwork on the Breva.

It's a 2010 bike, now on 6500 miles and was last serviced n 2012 at 3,600 miles. On that service there was engine oil/ filter, air filter but no sign of brake fluid change or gearbox oil or final drive oils changed.

So to my mind the bike is on its original gearbox, final drive and brake fluids after four years, meaning the bike should now be fully serviced based on time rather than miles.

Am I correct?

Here's a further update.

It's a 2010 bike, now on 6500 miles and was last serviced in 2012 at 3,600 miles. On that service there was engine oil/ filter, air filter but no sign of brake fluid change or gearbox oil or final drive oils changed.

So to my mind the bike is on its original gearbox, final drive and brake fluids after four years, meaning the bike should now be fully serviced based on time rather than miles.

Am I correct?

Here's a further update.

It's a 2010 bike, now on 6500 miles and was last serviced in 2012 at 3,600 miles. On that service there was engine oil/ filter, air filter but no sign of brake fluid change or gearbox oil or final drive oils changed.

Am I correct?

yes you are correct!

Yes. So I've gone cold on the Breva.

I'm looking into the 2015 model year V7 which has Abs, Traction Control and 6 speed box. I'm awaiting the arrival of a demonstrator and the chance to sit on one at the MCN Live show

My second visit to the dealer ( the Guzzi dealer not the indie selling the Breva) was very positive and encouraging. They are certainly people I would happily buy a bike from. I guess it's a waiting game but my Beemers will be in the market as soon as I have some time.

Thanks again.

Try and find a nice Bellagio, great looking bike with the wire wheels:thumb

Not sure that a sub 50 bhp at the back wheel 'missile' like the V7 needs traction control but they do seem like a v nice bike :)

If you have a bike on ice (or oil) the rear will easily spun out, 50 bhp or not. Traction control is a bi-product of the ABS fitted in anticipation of impending legislation.

I'm not sure what the price hike will be but I definitely appreciate having the technology on any of my vehicles.

My latest plan is to sell my r100r and my K100rs and hold my GS Adventure until I have confirmed the V7's suitability.

Back
Top Bottom