morocco january anybody fance goin

G a derricutt

Reaction score
hi my names geoff and would like to travel to morocco somtime in janaury i ride a gs 1200 and have bin travlin in europe for the past six years im in my mide 60 still pretty fit for a old roofer semeyretied iwas thikin of goin for about 3 or 4weeks have bin told u can fly ur bike in a crate and flyout but dont mine ridein all the way anyone intrested ?:

hi my names geoff and would like to travel to morocco somtime in janaury i ride a gs 1200 and have bin travlin in europe for the past six years im in my mide 60 still pretty fit for a old roofer semeyretied iwas thikin of goin for about 3 or 4weeks have bin told u can fly ur bike in a crate and flyout but dont mine ridein all the way anyone intrested ?:

Speak with Gary at Adventure Bike Warehouse in Salford and he'll give you some great advice.

The drawback to January is riding through Spain which is real brass monkeys as much of the country is fairly high up. I've done it half a dozen times and couldn't envisage the ride without a heated jacket. Three or four weeks would cost a lot if you hired a bike in Morocco or southern Spain, so getting your bike shipped down would be a good alternative.

January can be cold, especially in north, especially at altitude, and especially as the sun goes down, so try to avoid the combination of all three! Best bet is to head south as quickly as possible on the coastal motorway and concentrate on the semi-arid regions or the Anti Atlas.

I will be in Morocco in mid Jan/Feb but exploring the eastern side on a lightweight bike.

January can be cold, especially in north, especially at altitude, and especially as the sun goes down, so try to avoid the combination of all three! Best bet is to head south as quickly as possible on the coastal motorway and concentrate on the semi-arid regions or the Anti Atlas.

Yes probably stay on the coast as far south as Agadir and then perhaps Tafroute or Taroudant down to Tata, Foum Z'guid, Zagora, Tinghir, Merzouga etc. and hope it's warmed up by the time you head north but that section between Midelt and Azrou can be bitterly cold.

I know it's not quite the same but why dont you fly out and hire a bike there. I easly found a XR250R electric start to, not that it matters. I think there is a place in Agadir where you can rent KTM s but I saw it on line and didn't look for it while there. The little Hond was good fun off road.

I may be going again in January but not sure yet.

I know it's not quite the same but why dont you fly out and hire a bike there. I easly found a XR250R electric start to, not that it matters. I think there is a place in Agadir where you can rent KTM s but I saw it on line and didn't look for it while there. The little Hond was good fun off road.

I may be going again in January but not sure yet.

thanks for replying sounds like a good idea?

hi my names geoff and would like to travel to morocco somtime in janaury i ride a gs 1200 and have been travlin in europe for the past six years im in my mid 50 still pretty fit for a old roofer semiretired iwas thikin of goin for about 3 or 4weeks have been told u can fly ur bike in a crate and flyout but dont mine ridein all the way anyone intrested ?:
need to take my time

im going the gambia 4 two weeks will be back on the 16 dec will that be 2 late 2 get in touch with u and have a chat???thanks geoff

marocco this year in january

Hi.
Weather in Maroocco in mid january 2014
Afternoon near Issaguen
DSC05125.v01.JPG

Next mornning in Issaguen.
DSC05144.v01.JPG

Road to Ar-Rachidia.
DSC05240.v01.JPG

Sunrise in Merzuoga-no snow.:clap
DSC05314.v01.JPG

Ramlia-no snow.:clap