Picks / Northern Spain on Mapsource?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got map source waypoints / routes and prepared to share?

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. Useful for having a look at possible routes but not transferable to my steam power 2610 via mapsource afaik. Ta for the suggestion.

I'm not familiar with the 2610's. Beofre my time!:augie

What format do the files need to be? I'm just wondering if there is a converter out there that'd help?

You might try loading the GPX format route on your map program and then save as a .GDB v2 i think, depending on how old your map set is in the unit Then load it into you GPS.

Once gpx file is loaded in map source go to file at top left of window left click and scroll to save as, left click it and it opens a new window and then go to the box at the bottom, and in save as type change it to garmin database gps v2 via the drop down. dont forget to tell it where to save the file. as above depends on your map software on unit.

hope this helps

You might try loading the GPX format route on your map program and then save as a .GDB v2 i think, depending on how old your map set is in the unit Then load it into you GPS.

Once gpx file is loaded in map source go to file at top left of window left click and scroll to save as, left click it and it opens a new window and then go to the box at the bottom, and in save as type change it to garmin database gps v2 via the drop down. dont forget to tell it where to save the file. as above depends on your map software on unit.

hope this helps

"Not a valid Mapsource file and cannot be opened." Oh well, worth a try!

scottboxer i may have missed a step out of the above instructions after loading the .gpx file into mapsource hit recalculate route before saving as a .gdb v2 file, try that and let me know,
also what version of mapsource are you using and what map set.

its been a long time since i have used a 2610.

Open the GPX file in Mapsource, opens fine in mine (last version - 6.16.3). It downloads as a Zip fill which you need to extract the GPX file from first.

You can then view the routes etc. in Mapsource. Recalculate as suggested above but keep an eye on what this does*. Now, with your 2610 plugged in via USB, click the 'send to device' icon in the toolbar. Select your GPS from the drop-down list, leave the waypoints and routes checkboxes as they are and click the send button.

Admittedly I don't have a 2610 to hand but that's the way it always used to work with pre NT units. I have tried this but sending the routes to a USB pen drive and it works as expected.

Recalculating the routes messed some of them up for me so you might need to add a few more routing nodes.

this is one i did earlier its from the ride site, try it

Attachments

• Untitled.gdb
    90.9 KB · Views: 68

Back
Top Bottom