UK to Spain..Who with?

pommie4869

Can any one recomend a particular ferry company to ship down to Spain from the UK in May?

p + o portsmouth bilbao ring up and ask for mcn discount or bike mag.Hope this is some help. john.

Phone P&O for their normal price and then ask for the price that inc. the MCN discount.

Also try Brittany ferries re: Plymouth to Santander on their new fast service (18hrs?) 08705-360360.

Compare ferry costs against fuel costs if you rode down.

Just booked with P&O yesterday, tel 08705 202020 and quoted the MCN discount

£449.68 Portsmouth- Bilbao return

rider and passanger plus bike with outside cabin both ways

June 4th out and back on June 19th

very nice of MCN to sort the discount, using it for the NW200 aswell:beerjug:

GS

I've just booked with Brittany Ferries Plym-Santander £177 one way with outside cabin (cabin compulsory). Bike, Me and pillion end of March.

£44 for the Cherbourg-Poole return when booked together instead of £70 odd.

Tried ferrySavers and they were £60 dearer that dealing direct (on the www).

plymouth santander - 1 May, return - 2 bikes 2birth cabin both ways - about £650, and you dont miss a days riding, come back monday 9th

Pompey -> Bilbao (but via http://www.motorsport-travel.com/ not direct with P&O)
One way
2 bikes
2 riders
outside 4 berth "Premier" cabin (what ever that means)
Leaving end of May

£292 (or £146 each if you can't do the maths)

You need to call them since if you try and book online they would force the 2nd bike/rider to also book accomodation.

And I reckon £146 to get down there is good deal. We want to spend as much time as possible in the Pyrennes, and it would either be a LONG ride down there in 1 or 2 days, or a day on the boat recovering from work :)

Mark

Plymouth Santander 30th March one-way, rider only, inside cabin £170.

Can't speak for P&O but as Plymouth is on my doorstep, I've been using Brittany Ferries for years. Always clean and well run.

markie_wales said:
Pompey -> Bilbao (but via http://www.motorsport-travel.com/ not direct with P&O)
One way
2 bikes
2 riders
outside 4 berth "Premier" cabin (what ever that means)
Leaving end of May

£292 (or £146 each if you can't do the maths)

You need to call them since if you try and book online they would force the 2nd bike/rider to also book accomodation.

And I reckon £146 to get down there is good deal. We want to spend as much time as possible in the Pyrennes, and it would either be a LONG ride down there in 1 or 2 days, or a day on the boat recovering from work :)

Mark

Mark would also like to add that he sourced the URL in uk.rec.motorcycles from a certain wessie, also of this parish

Isn't it about time you got rid of that Fazer? :p

POMMIE REF. OFF TO SPAIN

I hope to be leavin same day to bilbao for a trip over picos into north portugal national parcs lots of dirt roadsin geres and down into porto.running back up the river douro into spain and back round to bilbao. whats your plans? murray

Pommie

NO NO NO don't use P&O they are crap, the food is crap the cabins are crap the staff are crap the crossing is twice as long as the Brittany ferries route.

Go with Brittany ferriies from Plymouth to Santander, 18 hours, decent french cooking at reasonable prices, nice cabins and did I mention it does 30 knots.

The Pont Aven is the one.

P&O quality

[NO NO NO don't use P&O they are crap, the food is crap the cabins are crap the staff are crap !]

I hope not as I booked our trip a few months ago and the wife and I are going on the P&O from Pompey. I was hoping for a mini cruse experience while we got closer to the mountains !

Oh well at least the Pyrenees should be good ! Never been there before and we plan to do most of it with lost of passes and to stop in a nice 5* hotel in Andorra (as cheep). Not decided on whether to book accommodation or turn up on spec as have the wife on the back.

Good luck to us all who have booked with P&O !

Thanks for that
Silence
:rolleyes:

Silence

Sorry matey, it will be a mini cruise, it takes 36 hours, BUT The Picos and Pyrennes is good, the Coma Hotel at Ordino is nice and has bike parking underneath.

wessie said:
Mark would also like to add that he sourced the URL in uk.rec.motorcycles from a certain wessie, also of this parish

Isn't it about time you got rid of that Fazer? :p

Yep, I absol-f**king-lutley I did get it from there - very helpful uk.rec.motorcyles are! Saved me a packet - thanks muchly (again).

Get rid of the Fazer? Strangely I was only planning on keeping it 18 months or so, but it's kinda grown on me. And how can you sell the first bike you got your knee down on, eh? :)

RE Pompey ferry being long. Yup agree, but my mate lives 15 mins from the Pompey ferry and doesn't fancy a dull 3 - 4 hour ride to Plymouth. And to be honest we quite enjoy getting blathered the first night, chilling out the next day, and then all set for a week hooning about. Sort of gets us out of "work mode" - we both sort of have to work the same day we leave. If I lived near Plymouth it'd be a no brainer.

Mark - counting the days until Bilbao!

Just returned from Spain having used the Brittany Ferry, Plymouth / Santander route. Excellent boat; this is also the first ferry where the crew have been around and bothered to tie your bike down for you using ratchets and foam pads to protect the seat. On-board prices are fair and the crossing not too tedious.
Certainly better than the last two P&O boats that I have used to cross the North Sea.

David

Back
Top Bottom