Sebring

Wookie

Guys,
Have seen lots of postings regarding Remus on the site but not covering Sebring. I see on the Touratech site that the Sebring and Y peice are somewhat cheaper than the Remus. Anyone got any experience of the Sebring or should I just bite the bullet and fork out £440 for a revolution and Y? Would appreciate any comments.
Now on second GS this time the Adventure.
Wookie:D

It has been suggested elsewhere on the site that Remus make the Sebering exhaust and there is little difference.

I have a Lazer on my new ADV but I am waiting to change the Y piece since a club member is about to start making them - at a reasonable price!

Thanks, a cheaper y piece sounds good to me and no doubt to every other GS'er. Hope it's sooner rather than later, what with Xmas and all that.:shoot:

I fitted the Sebring Y piece last year and have just swapped end can for Sebring Twister.

Looks same as Remus except for badge. Quality seems good and fitted with original bolt no problem. Internal baffles can be removed for track use and comes with EU certificate.

A bit cheaper than the Remus.

regards

Gerry

Wookie,

The Remus & Sbring kit is made by the same comapany in the same factory. The put differetn badges on the product, offer different prices & eh, voila, corner the market.

Sebring is good kit. Ive now got a Remus race can and rate the both.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Which y-piece?

Could anyone let me know what they think would be best out of these two? The straight one is a zach - 250 euro's, the other is the sebring 255 euros. But you can see the difference! Both have the sensor, but the sebring looks like it would fit better, although the zach looks tidier. Would it make a difference to the exhaust flow? Just got an Adv and looking to change, or would a cat elim system with end can such as Two Bros for 540 euros make better sense? Otherwise I'm up for a new can as well, of course. This is my first post so excuse if the attachment doesn't work!!
:confused:

Attachments

• y-pieces.bmp
    71.6 KB · Views: 258
Julian:
I don't know anything about the Zach . . . it may or may not be the same as the Sebring/Remus in that the Sebring/Remus system is designed so that it will fit onto the OE silencer, or a Sebring silencer, or a Remus silencer. All are interchangeable. Not only are the circumferences of the connecting parts the same, but the angle is correct also to allow either fitment.
If the Zach doesn't allow this, then the Sebring is the one to go for giving you most options.
Simon

"Y piece since a club member is about to start making them - at a reasonable price! "

Any ideas as to who or when?

Also what conversations have you had with your insurers when replacing the cat with a Y piece?

Rgds Richard

R Savage said:
"Y piece since a club member is about to start making them - at a reasonable price! "

Any ideas as to who or when?

Also what conversations have you had with your insurers when replacing the cat with a Y piece?

Rgds Richard

Vern is working on all sorts, including exhaust parts - check out his post re: panniers.

Conversation went something like....."I'm fitting a road legal replacement to remove the catalytic convertor as I want to tour abroad and petrol quality may be questionable. I don't want to ruin a £500 cat and the EFi chip is to allow me to compensate for fuel quality."

"Will there be more than 5% gain in power?"

"No - maximum power increase is slight. <5% increase in top end power"

"Fine"

Note that they didn't ask about any huge increase in midrange grunt/torque......

Arrow rally pipes for 1150GS & 650dakar

:shoot: guys try checking out the arrow titanium rally pipes for 1150GS. i had just fixed it to mine:beerjug: no problems so far..... very satisfied:beerjug: check out at www.arrow.it

Have been checking out the Arrows web site for a peek at the GS exhaust system. Looks mighty fine and very compact.

Does it come as a complete kit, or seperate y-piece and end can? Where did you get it from and what was the squeeze on the wallet?

Was looking at getting the Sebring system, but now maybe them and Remus don't have it all their own way after all.

Tim.

Hmmm...

went to my BMW Dealership this morning and enquired about y-pieces and exhausts.

Although they are a good bunch (and will remain nameless) they only push Remus stuff and won't sell me anything else.

On asking about Sebring build and quality, they were not positive and instead talked up Remus.

Now I know that they are probably incentivised to do so, but do any of you Sebring owners have any umbrage with this? I am lead to believe that it is pukka kit.

Should I stuff 'em or put up?

:whip

Got a Sebring Y-piece fitted to my Adv last summer (supplied & fitted by Br@cken). No problems at all (original end can), but then, it's just a Y-piece - not exactly rocketry, is it?:D

MikeO:)

Hi Mike,

I guess not, but I couldn't get the dealers attitude to anything non-Remus.

The implication was that the cost differential was down to build quality.

Several users of this site have mentioned that both Companies products are made in the same factory, so how could this be the case? Or is it the VW/Skoda syndrome of mass badge engineering?

Both Br@cken & Motorworks assured me that Sebring & Remus Y-pieces are badge engineered in the same factory. The quality on mine seems fine - it hasn't rusted, cracked or blown in 14k miles so far..... You can always order a Y-piece mail order & fit it yourself, or ask a dealer to do so. Lind's, my local dealer in Norwich were selling a Y-piece (Laser?) very cheap (£120ish fitted, I think). The problem was that the Touratech panniers I had wouldn't fit as the angle of the rear can was altered slightly by this particular Y-piece, so I went for Sebring. As I said earlier, it's a bit of welded stainless - how difficult can it be?

MikeO:)

Thanks Mike,

my thoughts exactly. If I can save a few quid (and prob end up buying new ohlins with it now after my other problem) then all the better. Sebring here I come...

Sounds about right..

Hey Rugbug, concur with you and Mike exactly. Thought I'd check out the local Remus distributor asked for Sebring, he says they don't send to Australia any more for bikes. Could it be the dealers have been told to differentiate between product lines more? Maybe Remus is separating their product lines? Or too many people would buy the same product for less? Even the websites are clones of each other!

Got mine 2 days ago (Ta, Simon, :D did get the Sebring!) from M-Tec by mail all the way from Germany cost 150quid, but that did include 30 for postage. Didn't have to pay VAT (outside EU) or GST (same as VAT) or import duty here since it was posted. The only thing I'd add is that I disconnected the sensor at the cat rather than take off the tank, etc. Much easier, if you're careful. I put a stack of bricks under the cat so it couldn't pull the sensor cable tight, undid the cat, let it rest on the bricks (only lower by a few cm) and undid the sensor. Pre-twisted it 3 or 4 turns before doing it up on the y-piece, so the sensor cable wasn't twisted. Slid the y-piece on, did up the torx bolts for the stand, clamps on loose, put the muffler back, tightenened it all. Pulled the CCP to see how it goes, reset the motronic and tps, as per this board and ADVrider posts.

Next will be the Sebring Twister, after I do more overtime!

:) Julian

BTW, Happy Australia Day to all Aussies out there.
Onya mates! :beerjug:

Surprised to hear about your local dealer pushing Remus. BMW are now "officially" in bed with Laser because of the Boxer Cup and only promote Laser exhaust systems. Trouble is, BMW dealers are franchises and don't have to tow the company line. All I can think is that there's greater mark-up and profitability in Remus for them.

as i suspected.

Wonder why they didn't have any Laser stuff on display then?

BTW, have a look at the Arrow website at www.arrow.it with useful good info on the Titanium Rally system for the GS. Apex Leisure sell the full system for £430, but takes a week or two to get in.

rugbug said:
Hi Mike,

I guess not, but I couldn't get the dealers attitude to anything non-Remus.

The implication was that the cost differential was down to build quality.

Several users of this site have mentioned that both Companies products are made in the same factory, so how could this be the case? Or is it the VW/Skoda syndrome of mass badge engineering?

Dealers are talking B*****Ks, they are so blatantly the same organisation that @ the 2002 Intermot show @ Munich , the show stand had both products and merchandise.
My Sebring has been faultless and IMHO is more individual over a Remus.
Also fit is better in the footrest bracket area - because the cradle just fits around the can,as opposed to a fixed bracket.

Back
Top Bottom