Morocco & Sahara May 2003

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Morocco & Sahara May 2003

All

Here is the proposal for anyone wishing to ride to the Sahara Desert in May 2003.

Subject to sufficient interest, I will organise a trip from Portsmouth to the Saraha Desert departing on Tuesday 6 May 2003 and returning to Portsmouth on Saturday 16 May 2003.

The total road mileage is around 2,000 miles, mostly based around 300 to 400 miles per day. The route will take us from via ferry to Bilbao, across Spain, ferry to north Africa, across the Anti-Atlas and High Atlas mountains to the Sahara Desert. There will be an optional short day’s ride into the Sahara fringes or a poolside rest day for those who would prefer. The return route will be via Casablanca, northern Morocco, across Spain before taking the return ferry from Bilbao to Portsmouth.

Assuming one bike/one person, total costs are expected to be around £950 per person – this will include hotels, ferries and administration. The exact price may vary depending on the exact arrangements. Extras will be fuel, a few minor tolls, midday meals and insurances. We will use 3 or 4 star hotels on a 2 sharing room basis and ferry cabins on a 4 berth basis.

This trip will be suitable for riders of any touring bike, however, off-road bikes and skills would be a distinct advantage for the optional desert ride!

I need firm numbers by 31 December. If you are interested or have any queries, please e-mail me off-line – do NOT post on BB.

Greg Masters

All

I've had a number of enquiries and expressions of interest re the proposed Morocco trip.

However, if you are interested, you MUST let me know by 31 December.

Thanks

Greg

Final reminder - off-line e-mails by 31 December if you're interested.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom