Got it at last

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I picked up my new Super Ten today, the weather was bl**dy awful, hailstones and blowin' a hooley, so I 've only done 12 miles on it. I felt sad leaving my Stelvio behind, it was a great bike and had taken me on some fantastic rides.
Anyway, 'the king is dead, long live the king'.

I've spent a bit of time hosing it down to get the salt off, lubing locks and electrical connectors, (the Yam pannier locks are a bit stiff), I'm going to get a couple of extra keys cut solely for the panniers. I also fitted an optimate lead, and some Alt Rider engine bars. Next job in the morning is a Fenda Extenda and a Hugger. I won't get many miles on it for the next couple of weeks as I'm away with the wife to visit a pal in Spain, so I'm hoping the weather may have improved when I get back.

TTFN, Fatal.

Enjoy.

Which 'model' did you get?

Mike

Congrats on your new bike!

Re. The panniers and locks - yes they are stiff but if you find a good locksmith get him/her to cut you a new key using a Kawasaki "KW3" blank. It's the right dimensions but much shorter in length and gives a much better feel when using the locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, it was a 2014 standard model in blue........to match my eyes :D

Geekay thanks for that info, I'll look into that :thumb Where in Lancashire are you? I'm in Rainford, halfway between St Helens and Ormskirk.

No photos yet, the weather is a bit grim at the moment. I have fitted the Fenda Extenda, and had a new key cut for the panniers. The locksmith used Kawasaki KW8 key blank, not the KW3 as suggested, it works fine anyway.

KW8? -thats interesting - i'm sure mine is a KW3 - is it shorter in length? - the locks 'feel' a bit better with a shorter key don't they?

I fitted a fenda extender too - first thing i did also!

I'm over by the fylde coast - in Poulton

The key (KW8) is approx. half the length of the original key. Poulton, that's about 45 miles from me, I sometimes forget I live at the very bottom of Lancashire, some would call it the arse end for more reasons than one :D

The trick with the panniers is to apply some downward pressure to the lid before turning the key.

Next to the locking tang you will see a couple of spring loaded plastic pads. I assume these apply upward pressure to stop the lid rattling. By pushing down on the lid you push these pads down and reduce the resistance when turning the key in the lock.

I bent both of my keys before I worked this out :)

Wear well, good choice of traillie. At the end of the day its all down to preference etc, but i dont think you will be disappointed with the Super Tenere.

Back
Top Bottom