Smart link Android - problems purchasing traffic etc.

daesimps

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just upgraded from a Zumo 660 to a 590 and installed the Smartlink app.* I appear to have everything working, but can't purchase the traffic and weather subscriptions.* The app returns an error from Google complaining that the app is using an out of date billing method.

Does anyone know of a way around this as most of the latest comments on the app in the Google store are reporting the same issue?

Alternatively, does anyone know if you purchase a subscription using an iOS phone and then change to Android if the subscriptions carry over (i.e. are they tied to the phone or Zumo?). If they are transferable I could use a mate's iOS device, purchase the subscriptions and then reconnect the Zumo with my Android phone.

Thanks
Dae.

Typical - a few minutes after I posted Garmin released a new version which fixes the in-app purchasing problem. I'm all subscribed now.

Speaking with Garmin the subscriptions are tied to you Google account, so won't work if you change to/from an iOS device (you'd have to subscribe again using your iOS device). It does mean, however, that your subscription(s) can be used with multiple Garmin devices.

Are the subscriptions a one time or are they yearly? Its not clear on the smartlink ap.

They expire in 2095. The Google store requires all purchases to have an end date so Garmin kindly give you 80 years :)

Back
Top Bottom