Excellent website devoted to the 1000S ~

Website find...

What a find David.

I'm going to contact the chap and ask what he refinished the eng/g'box/bevel box with as it looks good, to do my 1100 spt with.

I'd like to know who sold the last one he bought out of the UK, the swine.

Had I known about it I'd have had it like a shot. They are my favourites.

There was one in Bridge M'cycles in Exeter quite a number of years back. I rode it, dithered, then lost out.

Any one got one for sale?
Fluff.

Saw this the other day, they make some nice replicas but then, so could I, which is why I'd like a "proper" one as a project.

And yes, at an asking price of £4.7K at least the decals could be at the same angle. On a detail like that I'd wonder about the rest. So, not fussy at all. At all.

Fluff.

I was seriously thinking about buying the m1 lemans they've sold that's on the page . It sold for £6000 which considering all the work seams a very good price. I personally would mind riding a replica if it was that perfect.

Guzzi 1000s... just gorgeous, and arguable better looking than the Mk1 Le Mans (if that's possible!)

You lucky bu66er, I'm jealous as hell. :thumb

Thanks for posting the link, I really enjoyed reading about his clear passion for the model. Beautiful pictures.

:beerjug:

1000 se

Picked up the 1000se from the centre of London this afternoon. Under 500 km on the clock.

These bikes are not designed for london traffic. Very heavy throttle.

But wow once out on a long straight road this bike is quick.

No careless down shifts in the rain tho :eek::eek:

Check the Guzzi websites for advice on routing the twin throttle cables, generally they swap over under the tank, it apparently reduces the cable drag, and there are things you can do with the springs if that helps you.

sounds like a great buy and investment you have there.

Back
Top Bottom