NAV V Sunshade

Liberator

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a purpose made sunshade for the Nav V? Or is it a case of adapting a generic shade to the unit?

I've just got a Zumo 590 and am also looking for a UK place to grab a sunshade. The display on the 590 just seems far to blue/grey and pale. It's almost like it's monochrome at times. I've had a play with some of the themes but just can't find one vibrant enough.

Have just received my Glarestomper and fitted it to the Nav 5. It certainly improves viewing

Just got a Glarestomper , it looks a bit Heath Robinson, but works ok.

Does anyone know of a purpose made sunshade for the Nav V? Or is it a case of adapting a generic shade to the unit?

I used thin strips of velcro and some roof lining material.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,516
I've just received my Glarestomper 332 to try and stop the sun on my Nav V on my new GS. Unfortunately it doesn't fit!

There's not enough of a gap between the top of the GPS and the inside of the mount where it goes across the top of the Nav V.

Does anyone have any ideas?

You have to stick the Velgro ,right on to the leading edge of the Nav, and then you can attach the Glarestomper. Put the Nav in the mount and you will see what I mean.

You have to stick the Velgro ,right on to the leading edge of the Nav, and then you can attach the Glarestomper. Put the Nav in the mount and you will see what I mean.

I figured that after I posted but was concerned there wouldn't be enough Velcro exposed to get a secure fix. I presume you've had no issues?

I used thin strips of velcro and some roof lining material.

That's the way to do it :clap

I've used the material from A4 document holders before now for this sort of thing.....thin enough to cut with scissors, tough enough to hold a shape, you can put permanent creases into it with a soldering iron and it looks smart too.

Oh, and they're cheap as chips :)

Personalised-Printed--A4-Grained-PVC-Document-Holder.jpg

I find it hard to believe that people spend 20 quid or more on such a simple thing that you can make better at home out of old scraps :nenau

You can even put a Touratech sticker on one if your inner snob stops you from going all Blue Peter for such a simple solution :green gri

No problems with the Velcro only being on the edge, done 300 odd miles with it on, and solid as a rock. The screen keeps it in still air, so no movement . :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom