....you need to try a 500 EXC

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What a cracking bike, easy to ride yet completely bonkers when you want it, I've seen 68 mpg, it's great fun on the road between green lanes, the frequent oil changes are no big deal and it feels like a mountain bike compared to the HP2.

I've just had a great 155 mile 60 green lanes ride with Dave also on his 500EXC.

If you get a chance to ride one take...

The biggest issue is the initial outlay for something that you will no doubt end up slinging in to the scenery every other week :blast

IMG_1614_zps2d1e30c9.jpg

The biggest issue is the initial outlay for something that you will no doubt end up slinging in to the scenery every other week :blast

But what scenery!

(Dave and his 500EXC on left)

There are hedgerows all over Wiltshire with 525 shaped holes in them :rolleyes:

That's 525's the 500EXC EFi makes them much easier to ride (so I'm told)

In the states people are using them as dual sports bikes and doing big miles on them

I'd have no issue with riding mine for a few hours on the road to get to do some off-roading. It's sits quite happily at 70mph and if you go X Country it's fun all the way

What a cracking bike, easy to ride yet completely bonkers when you want it, I've seen 68 mpg, it's great fun on the road between green lanes, the frequent oil changes are no big deal and it feels like a mountain bike compared to the HP2.

I've just had a great 155 mile 60 green lanes ride with Dave also on his 500EXC.

If you get a chance to ride one take...

I have decided to sell my 2011 Ktm 500 exc six days.

After putting a deposit on a 2016 Ktm 500 exc six days.

Mate of mine has a 530, I have to ration myself to how often I ride it. :green gri
Turns me into nearly as much of a hooligan as a 300 two stroke.....
Mark

Mate of mine has a 530, I have to ration myself to how often I ride it. :green gri
Turns me into nearly as much of a hooligan as a 300 two stroke.....
Mark

I'm told the 500 has all the hooligan of the 530 plus a bit but the EFi means it's also a very easy bike to use as great green lane tool

Back
Top Bottom