Can you set speeds for different road types on the Nav 5??

dave hendy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can you set the speeds for different road types on the Nav 5 to match Basecamp? I haven't found any setting for this and can't remember from my 550:confused:

Only have avoidance set for unpaved roads but alwasys get different times for routes between Basecamp and the Nav:eek:

Can you set the speeds for different road types on the Nav 5 to match Basecamp? I haven't found any setting for this and can't remember from my 550:confused:

Only have avoidance set for unpaved roads but alwasys get different times for routes between Basecamp and the Nav:eek:

Have you got the same settings on base camp as on the device ?

You can adjust the speed settings in basecamp in the options/routing preferences and from memory you can do it on the nav as well i just can't remember where at the moment unless i am mixing it up with my old zumo

Do these units not 'learn' what your average speed on different road types is?

Do these units not 'learn' what your average speed on different road types is?

My understanding is they stopped doing that after the 2610 unfortunately................

Have you got the same settings on base camp as on the device ?

You can adjust the speed settings in basecamp in the options/routing preferences and from memory you can do it on the nav as well i just can't remember where at the moment unless i am mixing it up with my old zumo

I have found the setting in Basecamp and have adjusted that but can not find any settings for speed on the Nav 5. I have the same speed settings in Mapsource and Basecamp as I still usually create my routes in Mapsource. I could do with going on a traing course for Basecamp as I would love to get to grips with it as each time I think I am getting somewhere it all seems to go wrong:blast

Back
Top Bottom