Wapping's Wanders 2015-2016

Wapping

Reaction score
Several people have contacted me, asking what might be happening for 2015-2016.

The short answer is, I don't know. The reasons are several, including:

My father is 88 and not entirely well. My mother, herself in her 80's is looking after him. I need to have it all in mind.

We had a significant change around at work, which meant more stuff coming my way. I can't ignore it. That will balance out as we settle in but for now it's busy.

I have been thinking about buying a small property in France, which takes time.

I have been invited on a couple of jaunts myself and I'd quite like to go.

I think this summer through to late autumn might have to be quieter on the Wanders front. Not least because I need to catch my breath from the last 8 or 10 years' worth. I will probably do something, maybe two days or long weekends but nothing much longer.

Richard

It's a testing time when your parents get into their dotage. I am the other side of that now but it does take up a lot of time and eats at your emotional resilience.

I'm organising my own trip to France this year. It was advertised here but nobody took the offer, but I have 6 people joining me from other groups. Just a relatively short jaunt using a base hotel in Beaune and another near Munster in Alsace, plus an overnight stop in Arras on the way out ans Reims on the way home. 8 nights in all including the last 2 weekends in June

I'll keep an eye out as I may want to go travelling again in September and a long weekend might fit the bill.

Nice to have you back fella! :thumb

I'm unlikely to make it on one of your wanders this year (if you arrange any)

I do have a couple of trips already planned for this year (one of which you already know all about ;))

Good to see your avatar back again.Never met but always read your posts. New name for myself, but kept the old avatar to give folk the chance to avoid me.:beerjug:

I've probably said before that one of the few drawbacks(other than Nikola Sturgeon) to living up here is the fact that I can't dive over on a wander otherwise I would love to, but I enjoy reading about yours and I am glad that I will be able to do so again. Keep up the good work when you are able.

I organise our own trips via Newcastle, (Lans-en-Vercors this July) and have learned much through reading your posts. Thanks.

Several people have contacted me, asking what might be happening for 2015-2016.

The short answer is, I don't know. The reasons are several, including:

My father is 88 and not entirely well. My mother, herself in her 80's is looking after him. I need to have it all in mind.

We had a significant change around at work, which meant more stuff coming my way. I can't ignore it. That will balance out as we settle in but for now it's busy.

I have been thinking about buying a small property in France, which takes time.

I have been invited on a couple of jaunts myself and I'd quite like to go.

I think this summer through to late autumn might have to be quieter on the Wanders front. Not least because I need to catch my breath from the last 8 or 10 years' worth. I will probably do something, maybe two days or long weekends but nothing much longer.

Richard

Hope the parents situation resolves itself as well as it can.
Like Wessie I'm the other side of that.
Happy to join you if the possibility arises
Richard

Welcome back fella, glad to see you on here again your posts on your area of expertise were always informative and interesting.

Nice to see you back Richard - the site hasn't been the same without you!

Please bear us in mind with any shorter jaunts you might be considering for later this year?

Best,
Andy

welcome back Richard. There have been some prize questions here recently that missed out on a mellifluous lesson in using the search functionality of Google, in your absence...Great to have you back

Hi Richard, nice to have you back :clap

Bank holiday weekends only for me unfortunately.
already have plans for the next May bank hol so that just leaves Aug bank holiday

let me know if your arranging anything over that weekend as I may well be up for it

:beerjug:

Andy

Nice to see you back Richard. I will start to keep my eye on the site again and hopefully catch any trip that you plan before it fills up.
All the best
Dave

Back
Top Bottom