Removing waypoints while riding

Nutty

Reaction score
I could read the manual, but it's downstairs, and I'm still in bed. And it's more fun to ask on here anyway.

When travelling on a programmed route, what's the easiest way to delete the next waypoint? I always just put a load of towns and villages into the nav itself, rather than faff around with basecamp, so would like to be able to remove the next waypoint if the town or village looks scary. Some of them look good on the map, but sometimes in real life, once you're there and see the state of the locals, you wish you'd avoided the place.:augie

On the move, you reach forward, unlock the device from its cradle (people steal them you know, when they add sand to the engine oil) and you throw it - it being the device - over your right (not left) shoulder, this bit is very important.

You'll not be troubled by waypoints again on your trip.

Wapping's solution is the recommended approach.

If you fancy being more radical though, there is an alternative...

Main Menu - Settings - Map & Vehicle - Map Buttons

Select (or not) either or both of skip waypoint and cancel navigation.

And then you have it at the touch of a (virtual) button.

:thumby:

I just knew there was a harder way!

There is another way, too. This is best done before you set off as it's dangerous to operate technical devices on the move.

Noix, mon vieux ami, I will show you how to do it next weekend on our Wander'ette. It will take half an hour.... We can do it whilst we wait for Keith to catch up :D

:hide

Wapping's solution is the recommended approach.

If you fancy being more radical though, there is an alternative...

Main Menu - Settings - Map & Vehicle - Map Buttons

Select (or not) either or both of skip waypoint and cancel navigation.

And then you have it at the touch of a (virtual) button.

:thumby:

Done. Thanks for that.:thumb

I just knew there was a harder way!

There is another way, too. This is best done before you set off as it's dangerous to operate technical devices on the move.

Noix, mon vieux ami, I will show you how to do it next weekend on our Wander'ette. It will take half an hour.... We can do it whilst we wait for Keith to catch up :D

:hide

You're a bad man!:D

Back
Top Bottom