Grimsel pass (was) still closed - NOW OPEN!

Grim Reaper

Reaction score
Tried to get over today but last two sections still closed, susten pass too, had to go up the A8 route to lake lucerne, and it's raining.

Hope that all changes in the next couple of weeks,:blast

It being early to mid-June by then, you should find that all is well.

It's always a lottery before June, as the OP has found. There are several very good websites detailing the exact state of all the passes, which (by removing the gambling element) does take some of the adventure out of Adventure.

Every time I've been to the Alps it's rained... And once we needed a snow plough to get us over a pass in August......

Got some pics somewhere from the first time I did the Susten in early June 1985 , road was open but there were still 20 foot deep drifts on the side of the road, its a lottery

Hope that all changes in the next couple of weeks,:blast

I have a few nights in Brienz in three weeks, followed by three nights in the Italian Lakes, so fingers crossed.

The high passes do tend to be open by early June, although they can be closed due to snow storms anytime (we went over the Grossglockner in August when it was snowing and the lady in the toll booth said they were considering closing temporarily)

They try and get the passes open for the 1st of June. + or - 2 weeks.

We had a lot of snow that came late this winter.
And we are still getting snow, two weeks ago we had snow down to 600 meters.

The landslide is on the Gotthard, the south route is opened and the north side should be opening soon.

stayed in Innertkirchen overnight this week, part way into the Susten, didn't even try it, the rain was biblical! on the other hand the ride from La Clusaz in France through the valley's to Gstaad was in glorious sunshine and just go's to show in the mountains the weather is its own boss :D (its pissed down from there to Innertkitchen making even the prettiest road miserable)

Wapping High Street is open.

Some width restrictions in place by the tube station and a strong possibility of rain later. Take care on the cobbles, peeps and the hairpin (mini-roundabout) has worn out supa-grip.

Wapping High Street is open.

Some width restrictions in place by the tube station and a strong possibility of rain later. Take care on the cobbles, peeps and the hairpin (mini-roundabout) has worn out supa-grip.

������
I do so like reading your post.........

Is it open yet?

Large part of Holborn is shut... Exploding pavements or summat.

Yes opened yesterday ����������

Back
Top Bottom