Advice needed.

zei220

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Long story cut short, I have a friend who had a serious accident on the 24thmay, he was travelling on the b500 when a rider travelling in the opposite direction over shot the bend and hit Jason head on. It turns out Jason only had 3rd party fire and theft, he contacted bennetts who aren't interested because no fault to Jason. So to my question.... What should he do now? We have witnesses who say it was the other guys fault, we have his insurance details.

Any advice I can pass on to him.
Thanks.

My initial thoughts are that

As it wasnt your friends fault all damage and injury claims fall fairly and squarely on the rider whos fault it was !

He should pursue his claim through his insurance company or go to a solicitor

Wapping will be along soon with the right advice

I guess you mean the B500 in Germany?

Contact the other party's insurer. Even if they are not UK based.

Bennett should assist your friend at least, though he has no 'Own damage' cover under his own UK policy. A useful lesson that not buying fully comp is not always a great saving in the long run.

His UK policy (even if limited to TPF&T) may well have a legal advice extension, which may prove useful.

If the bike has been recovered / been repaired / been written off and / or if your friend has injuries and / or any other reasonable expenses from the accident.... Tell your friend to KEEP ALL THE RECEIPTS / EVIDENCE, no matter how trivial.

Yes, the b500 in Germany, the road was closed for two hours, two helicopters for airlifts to hospitals. Jason has broken leg in three places, below the knee, the knee itself, and above the knee, broken arm, the most serious injury being no feeling in his arm. The other guy is off life support now, but has broken neck, and arm. They hope he will be able to walk after treatment.

I've passed your comments to him, please forward any more advice you may think of.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom