nicest mounting of quest on 1200 gs?

_pi_

suggestions appreciated. dont need power/sound connection. was thinking of in the middle of the handlebars quite close or on top of the bolts so that it does not obscure the instruments. any ram solution?

Our experience shows that any GPS mounted on the handlebar yoke is too low down to be easily seen plus the angle of the screen is such that it gets dazzled by the sun.

Plus the use of a tankbag can sometimes obscure the GPS screen, depending on how tall the rider is.

An 'over the clocks' mount is our solution & as luck would have it the Garmin Quest bolts straight on (with the Quest motorcycle bracket seen here:http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39347&highlight=Quest).......

Cheers

Dutch

dsc009685qh.jpg

dsc009677vr.jpg

PS. Picture made by a Dutch GS rider.

More pictures: http://www.bmwgsclub.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6941

BMW do a mount that fits across the handle bar clamps, this should fit Garmins own Quest cradle. I have one fitted for my SP111.
Think it cost £25/30 with new bolt's

RAM-Man pls help

what is the part number for the U-bolt (or is there a better one - maybe plastic) with a ball on the end as shown in the picture above. I already have an arm and mounting bracket (RAM). is the standard U-bolt best? i was thinking plastic would not leave a mark on the bar if removed.

thx.

What is the part number for the U-bolt ?
>> RAM-B-231Z or as full mount RAM-B-149 or RAM-B-149Z (difference is zinc or stainless steel U-bolt)

Or is there a better one - maybe plastic ?
>> only choice is a RAP-B-231 or as full mount RAP-B-149

I already have an arm and mounting bracket (RAM), what is the part number for the U-bolt ?
>> RAM-B-231Z

Is the standard U-bolt best? i was thinking plastic would not leave a mark on the bar if removed
>> look at earlier threads in this forum, I recall a 1200GS a few months back and suggested at the time, that the owner added a rubber gasket wrapped around the rail to prevent marks and add some extra damping.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom