Yellow rider killed outside Guildford

Joyseeker

Reaction score
woke up yesterday to the local radio annoucing the death on saterday of a rider on a yellow motorcycle. his pillion received a broken arm.

they hit a sign post at the burpham turn off on the A3 appraoching Guildford.

likely to have been a yellow GS or duke...... anymore info?

Why do you make the assumption that it is likely to be a GS or a Duke? Lots of bikes come in Yellow lets see, Triumph, Honda VFR, GSXR.

RIP fellow rider what ever you were riding

One of my mates has a yellow triumph RS - lives in Slyfield

other has a Yellow 959 - lives in Onslow Village.

Tobers has a yellow GS - lives in Guildford - TOBERS ! you still here ! ?

better make some phone calls............... gulp...

motomartin said:
One of my mates has a yellow triumph RS - lives in Slyfield

other has a Yellow 959 - lives in Onslow Village.

Tobers has a yellow GS - lives in Guildford - TOBERS ! you still here ! ?

better make some phone calls............... gulp...

Thats right it could be any bike! But check up on your mates i am sure they are fine;)

whizzed past the accident junction today.

got the day wrong .... the police sign asking for witnesses said friday.

now let me extrapulate some more. the police are asking for witnesses. this means the surving pillion was unable to help them and the car concerned did not stop. so the yellow bike of none jap origin got hit from behind!

this caused it to go straighter then through the bend of the turn off hitting, head on, the sign in the middle of the 'y' of the A3 exit.

interesting...... might have been the same taxi that got 'camel sprit 640' last week. :cool:

Joyseeker said:
the police are asking for witnesses. this means the surving pillion was unable to help them and the car concerned did not stop. so the yellow bike of none jap origin got hit from behind!

You're making a lot of assumptions there. Just because the police are asking for witnesses doesn't automatically mean that the car didn't stop, or that the pillion couldn't help. And how do you know the bike was hit from behind?

It may just mean that there is conflicting information.

Yep - still here thanks. I come off (not literally thankfully!) at that exit every day and saw the witness appeal - didn't realise it was a bike though.

The slip road is two lanes wide. Possibly the bike went for the right hand lane just as he exited the A3 as there's often slow traffic in the left, and maybe someone pulled out in front to do the same causing him to veer further right. Pure speculation of course, but that's always what I look out for at that particular exit.

I'll ask my buddy in Traffic if he knows anything.

i've heard tales that at that burpham exit on the A3 cars can sometimes be seen to try and enter the motorway. that could have caused a serve from the yellow bike.

look forward to some facts tobers.

Whatever the cause, whatever the bike there is still one less of us on the road, and somewhere a family is in mourning!

Yes, there have been a couple of recent fatals there due to cars driving down that slip road the wrong way :confused:

Last one was an old guy at 3AM who drove onto the A3 the wrong way and hit an artic. He died unsurprisingly.

The exit to the slip road at a roundabout has large no entry signs (4 of them I think) but I guess a really dim person could be confused as it has 2 lanes onto the roundabout. Probably quite simple to change the angle the slip road enters the roundabout to make it more acute for any plonker attempting to get onto it from the roundabout and therefore alerting them to the fact that they shouldn't be doing it. Alternatively, some large "wrong way you twat" signs could save a few lives for not many pounds spent.

Alternatively, we could put ineffectual speed cameras everywhere and alienate law abiding motorists, but that's another story.....

From Surrey Police's web site:

A man killed in a motorbike collision on the A3 southbound at Burpham on Saturday night (March 12) has been named as Edward Palmer, 44, of Guildford.

The crash happened just after 10 pm when the Yamaha XJR 1300 motorbike, ridden by Mr Palmer, appeared to lose control on approach to the Burpham slip road, then served onto the nearside verge and collided with a road sign. There were no other vehicles involved in the crash.

Edward Palmer was declared dead at the scene. A 31-year old female pillion passenger was taken to Royal Surrey County Hospital with a broken arm, bruising and shock. Two lanes of the A3 southbound and the Burpham slip road were closed while the area was cleared.

Anyone who may have witnessed the crash should contact the Surrey Police Collision Investigation Unit on 01932 569922.

For further information, please contact West Surrey Press and Publicity Officer 11400@surrey.pnn.police.uk

Back
Top Bottom