Sepetember Tour of the Pyrenees

Status
Not open for further replies.

byron

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have decided to take a trip across the Pyrenees from the Atlantic to the Med and then back. The trip over to France will follow the northern side of the mountains and the return trip the southern side of the Pyrenees.
I intend to do this trip in late September and I am looking for up to 3 riding companions to share the trip with.
My inspiration is the Ride magazine 7 day tour of the mountains which start and finish in Santander.
At present my proposed start is 20th September sailing on Brittany Ferries from either Plymouth/Portsmouth- as yet to be finalised.

Day 1 - Santander to Zarautz 135 miles
Day 2 - Zarautz to Pau 220 miles
Day 3 - Pau to Pas de la Casa 200 miles
Day 4 - Pas de la Casa to Collioure 200 miles

Perhaps a rest day at the French Med - to be finalised

Day 5 - Collioure to La Pobla de Segur -230 miles
Day 6 - Pobla de Segur to Pamplona - 220 miles
Day 7 - Pamplona to Santander - 185miles
So that is either 9 or 10 days in total.
For my part I enjoy a relaxed riding style with coffee stops, nice lunches and enjoying those photo opportunities. I plan on staying in medium priced hotels perhaps a little out of town if appropriate.

I intend that Day 1 will be completed straight off the ferry and Day 7 finishes with a late ferry home.
Shared cabins will also be the rule of the day for both the sailing down and back.

This route takes to a lot of the high ground and looks like being a lot of fun.
So who fancies coming along with their bikes to befriend my WC 1200 RT?

Byron

I have decided to take a trip across the Pyrenees from the Atlantic to the Med and then back. The trip over to France will follow the northern side of the mountains and the return trip the southern side of the Pyrenees.
I intend to do this trip in late September and I am looking for up to 3 riding companions to share the trip with.
My inspiration is the Ride magazine 7 day tour of the mountains which start and finish in Santander.
At present my proposed start is 20th September sailing on Brittany Ferries from either Plymouth/Portsmouth- as yet to be finalised.

Day 1 - Santander to Zarautz 135 miles
Day 2 - Zarautz to Pau 220 miles
Day 3 - Pau to Pas de la Casa 200 miles
Day 4 - Pas de la Casa to Collioure 200 miles

Perhaps a rest day at the French Med - to be finalised

Day 5 - Collioure to La Pobla de Segur -230 miles
Day 6 - Pobla de Segur to Pamplona - 220 miles
Day 7 - Pamplona to Santander - 185miles
So that is either 9 or 10 days in total.
For my part I enjoy a relaxed riding style with coffee stops, nice lunches and enjoying those photo opportunities. I plan on staying in medium priced hotels perhaps a little out of town if appropriate.

I intend that Day 1 will be completed straight off the ferry and Day 7 finishes with a late ferry home.
Shared cabins will also be the rule of the day for both the sailing down and back.

This route takes to a lot of the high ground and looks like being a lot of fun.
So who fancies coming along with their bikes to befriend my WC 1200 RT?

Byron
So does no one fancy a nice relaxing trip to the Pyrenees and catch some late summer sun?

:thumb2

Hi byron,
really like the look of this trip, and the daily distances etc etc.

I've got 10 days off from the 4th of September.
Cheers.

Possible Dates

I could do the 4th Byron

Hello chaps
Thanks for the replies but the 4th Sept is just a bit to early for me as I do not return from a family holiday until Friday 4th . So realistically Sunday 6th Sept would be earliest I could do. Any flexibility on your side?

Byron

Interested in this as I was looking at a trip to Spain in late sept or early october. I would probably do up to pamplona and then head south to go visit the parents in Andalucia, so there would be no return ferry for me.
Wouldn't be able to go until after the 20th with the way my work roster falls and the leave available. I may be able to go on the 20th if I suck up to my manager for the 20th off which is already booked up.

Interested in this as I was looking at a trip to Spain in late sept or early october. I would probably do up to pamplona and then head south to go visit the parents in Andalucia, so there would be no return ferry for me.
Wouldn't be able to go until after the 20th with the way my work roster falls and the leave available. I may be able to go on the 20th if I suck up to my manager for the 20th off which is already booked up.

Hi there
I dont seem to be able to send you a private message so please email me - byronlewis1@yahoo.co.uk
so we can discuss the trip

byron

I have at last managed to finally firm up some dates and the trip is now planned around 8th-17 September sailing from Portsmouth- Bilboa

Byron

Due to unforseen circumstances the trip is back in the planning stage again and a new potential start date is round about 14th September.

Any guys want to join to join me taking a relaxed trip through the Pyrenees from the atlantic to the med and back again.

Byron

Hi Byron

Have been trying to plan something for months now but work keeps coming in and I keep putting it off, well no more, I need to get it sorted, get a plan, get a date and tell people to get f#####.

I'm flexible on dates in September so long as I have a set date by end of July
Sailing from Portsmouth would be nice, used to be a long distance lorry driver so will remind me of the old days
The only slight problem I would have is I couldn't expect anyone to share a cabin or room with me, I snore like a hog, pain I know cos it always costs me more but I really don't wanna fall out with anyone, and we will. Sleep deprivation was used as a torture during the war
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom