Gasthof Hochalmspitze-a new chapter

The Grey One

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As some of you might have heard Ros and I are leaving Gasthof Hochalmspitze at the end of this season. Having sold the business to our good friends Willem & Yvonne van Meeuwen we are returning to the UK this October. It has been hard work but very rewarding, we have met so many good people and made many new friends. It is our hope that once we are established back in the UK and have had our fill of the grandchildren we miss so much that we will do some travelling of our own. We are lucky enough to have had many invites from our guests here and funds permitting we hope to take a few of them up on it. Look out Australia we will be there!

Meanwhile we are gradually handing over the running of the place to Willem & Yvonne. This has given us a bit of free time, something that has not happened in the summer for years. We have just come back from two days in Cesky Krumlov and are going to Romania for two weeks at the end of August.

We would both like to say thank you to all of you from this site who have visited us over the years. We hope to meet up with some of you on the road someday.

John

Congratulations John, enjoy life and it's been great to stay with you over the last couple of years. We will be back next year, so will say hi to Willem and Yvonne. See you out on the road sometime.

Tony (and Kieran aka Trunk Monkey)

I'm sad I never made it there while I was biking, anyway, good luck with what ever you do next :thumb2

Glad we got out there whilst you were there, really miffed work commitments prevented my making the AR meet with you this year.

Good luck in your new life.

Not one of your 'regulars' John but visited for a couple of days in 2014 and had a great time in Austria , so thanks for a great welcome and a thanks to all your staff. Best wishes for the future.

Yes good luck for the future sorry we won't get to meet you on our first visit there at the beginning of September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck with your new adventures and freedom..

Enjoyed by three nights there are Garmisch last year

Bill

Back
Top Bottom