Bike dealer's for tyres in the Black Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwallace21

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
off to the black forest soon on my GSA. Tyres are about 4mm so will no doubt be on the limit when I get there. Rather than fit new rubber here to square off on motorways all the way across Europe I thought I would get new Tourances fitted once I get there. Staying in Seebach at Pension Williams so I have contacted Angela and she has given me contact details for a Motoraad dealer nearby but wouldn't mind trying an independent in the area. Anyone know of any in the Black Forest.
cheers
Kev

I think I would fit the new tyres of your choice at home BEFORE the holiday - then relax and enjoy your hols:jager

Your not going to "destroy" 4mm in a few hundred miles down to the Black Forest? so you'll end up running about for a few days on the old tyres then trying to organise fitting new ones - not neccessary your "prefered" tyre choice either - depends what they have in stock!

Fit new tyres at home and keep the current tyres for refitting in the future - and I don't think your gonna square off the new tyres on the short run down to B.F. - especially if you use some of the better roads:D

Have a great holiday......................Grizzly:beerjug:

You can always order and pay for them at www.reifen.com/de/
Then enter the town where you will be. For Seebach you get this list: for example.

They send them direct to the selected dealer (one that fits bike tyres) like: Avia Tankstelle Kai Konrad

You turn up and arrange fitting and pay for the fitting service,

I spoke with them and they do it all the time.

What Grizzly said :thumb2

Less stress / hassle and downtime on your trip - and how long you going for, 4mm might well do the trip, depending on tyre brand.

I find most road rubber only comes with about 5mm from new and I get more miles per mm when toruing, for a weeks trip I would be happy setting off with 4mm left.

Mmm, starting to think it might be less hassle to just fit some new rubber here before I go. Less chance of me sliding off the road in a tight Black Forest Hairpin because I have just fitted shiny new slippy tyres.
Ta Folks
K

Pop in to Touratech Niedereschach next to Rottweill and you'll save 30% on UK prices if you buy anything there...............They've got a good staff canteen/café where you can get a cheap lunch aswell!

I ususally go there at the end of October and the B500 Schwarzwaldhochenstrasse can be a bit hairy so I run TKC80's

I love the Black Forest and usually combine a tour there with the Ardennes on the way back to the ferry at Imjuiden

FP.

Attachments

• Black Forest and Ardenne October 2013 036.jpg
    Black Forest and Ardenne October 2013 036.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Black Forest and Ardenne October 2013 015.jpg
    Black Forest and Ardenne October 2013 015.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Black Forest and Ardenne October 2013 031.jpg
    Black Forest and Ardenne October 2013 031.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 236
Status