switching Nav 5 between bikes

bellyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HI, Ive got a GSlc running my Nav 5 on it and all is well but when I switch it to my R12000R,, my motorcycle doesnot appear and I get another different screen?..

I beleive I have followed instructions to mount to a second bike but.. then again.. Im not good at RTFM..
help
cheers :thumb2

Are you very sure the R1200R is capable of sharing its 'My bike' data with the Nav V?

If it's the new R1200r then it definitely works as my wife has one and the page shows up on her Nav V with all the same info as my GS

If it's the new R1200r then it definitely works as my wife has one and the page shows up on her Nav V with all the same info as my GS

Excellent. You'll (hopefully) be able to help the OP with swapping one Nav V device between two bikes.

What happens / what do you do, if you conect your wife's Nav V to your GS? He's follwed the instructions and it doesn't seem to work.

I can, but not for a few days as not home. I'm interested what these instructions are though as I've not seen any (or looked for them for that matter)

I'm interested to know, as I use the Nav V on my GSA and XR. I'm not interested enough to dig out the manual and look for myself, so I'll keep an eye on this thread!:D

I can, but not for a few days as not home. I'm interested what these instructions are though........

The OP (and Nutty) await in keen anticipation.

In the meantime and by way of exchange, maybe the OP can enlighten you on the instructions he's followed so far, albeit without any luck.

Right, my good lady has been out and tried her Nav V on both our bikes. She didn't follow any instructions and simply moved the unit between bikes. All pages in the my motorcycle app changed and showed the info from whichever bike the unit was connected to. Interestingly that includes the last ride analysis page, so the info about throttle position and brake/gear usage must be being stored in the bike.

Summary: no special actions required; simply put the unit on the other bike and all info is read from the bike.

The My Motorcycle app definitely does NOT work with the previous generation air/oil version of the R1200r (I have one).:blast

The My Motorcycle app definitely DOES work with the new lc versions of the r1200r (and r1200rs) as I took along my Nav V with me when I went for a test ride and could see the app there :)

Peter

The My Motorcycle app definitely does NOT work with the previous generation air/oil version of the R1200r (I have one).:blast

The My Motorcycle app definitely DOES work with the new lc versions of the r1200r (and r1200rs) as I took along my Nav V with me when I went for a test ride and could see the app there :)

Peter

Ah ha, that could be the problem then.:rob

I'm not going to read the manual (it scares me :comfort), but I'll wait until I next go out, and will check on the Nav for myself. This is exciting.:beerjug::p

Ah ha, that could be the problem then.:rob

I'm not going to read the manual (it scares me :comfort), but I'll wait until I next go out, and will check on the Nav for myself. This is exciting.:beerjug:
Make sure the Nav V is off (technically asleep before someone says anything) when you put it in the cradle, then turn on the ignition. It doesn't seem to like putting it in the cradle when it's switched on and sometimes complains when clicking on the my motorcycle app that you can only use it in a compatible mount.

hi guys and thanks for all the info.. yes its taken me ages to reply.. but still to no avail does it work the same as on my GS LC..2014 model..

on the GS LC all is fine on the R12R.. in apps it doesnt show my motorcycle plus I dont get the very handy greay info page that allows you to scroll to set up the speedo large..:mad:

Im loathed to reset as I dont know what this will actually reset.. as i dont want to lose certain data if i can help it..

any further help advice would be greatful,,, otherwise its the dealership i must go !:thumb2

I can't find this info anymore to be 100% sure but Nav 5 keeps track of 5 vin numbers, once it fills it it won't allow 6th bike to use my motorcycle data and you will need to master reset it.
if you want to keep your tracks, favourites and other data, use garmin express to back it up from your unit and you can restore it to it later. Same thing you can do it with basecamp but is more manual process as you need to drag and drop files to your basecamp library of tracks and trips.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well... I used my Nav5 on a loan GS and it came up with that "my motorcycle " page you mention. Cool.
I' d never seen that before on my RT.
When I put it back on the RT(2014) the feature had gone!
It may be different on the 2015RT. I'll let you know when it arrives.

...no special actions required; simply put the unit on the other bike and all info is read from the bike.

That didn't work for me.

My RTLC has the BMW audio unit. Nav5 works ok - or at least as well as a Nav5 ever will. Had a loaner RTLC with no audio recently. Tried to use the mp3 player in the Nav5 but got the error message "use bike audio system to list to music"

:blast

Well... I used my Nav5 on a loan GS and it came up with that "my motorcycle " page you mention. Cool.
I' d never seen that before on my RT.
When I put it back on the RT(2014) the feature had gone!
It may be different on the 2015RT. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Not on loaner 2015 I had a couple of weeks ago it wasn't...

Are you very sure the R1200R is capable of sharing its 'My bike' data with the Nav V?
You were right... 50%. Bikes without onboard computer pro are not sharing data with Nav V.... those with OBCP, they do. Very likely OP has the former.

You were right... 50%. Bikes without onboard computer pro are not sharing data with Nav V.... those with OBCP, they do. Very likely OP has the former.

Yes I can Confirm that after weeks of BMW tryig to solve the issue it turns out that bikes NOT fitted with on board pro cannot share data through my bike app....

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom