Bennets

evenflow

Reaction score
I recently cancelled my insurance having sold my GS.
A word of warning if you pay direct debit. I had only paid about £49 on my policy since April so they are going to charge me
an extra £50 for the privilege of selling my bike . This means I paid for almost a years insurance in total. I should have really just stopped paying the DD and they would have had to cancel the policy by default of payment. Doing the right thing doesn't always pay. I guess the £50 cancelation fee is to discourage you from going to another insurer when you change bikes.
Anyway I told em to stick it, I'll see what happens. Probably get a nasty letter, but in the end I may have to pay the dam £50.
Guess its common to all insurance policy's, should have checked their cancelation policy first.

I've had the same thing and if you don't pay it they don't give you the no claims proof.

I cancelled mine and it would have cost me a lot less to not mention it and let the policy lapse in a month's times.

If you stopped the DD and they cancelled by default

Then you would have had to disclose that nugget ' have you ever had insurance cancelled or refused, by an insurer'

and you would have to say yes (don't forget insurance is a contract of utmost good faith):D, which would go against you for car/house/travel/bike insurance in future:blast

Yeah, your both right of course. I still have a copy of my no claims proof up until april 2015.
Wont be getting anything else until spring 2016....would this nullify NCB at all anyway?

Yeah, your both right of course. I still have a copy of my no claims proof up until april 2015.
Wont be getting anything else until spring 2016....would this nullify NCB at all anyway?

NCD usually lasts 2 years from end of your last full policy year...not universal, but this is generally the case for most UK motor insurers.

NCD usually lasts 2 years from end of your last full policy year...not universal, but this is generally the case for most UK motor insurers.

Thanks for that.
Further to the above I mailed Bennets and told them I thought their cancelation fee was a bit harsh seeing that it meant
I would have to pay almost the full yearly premium for what amounts to 3 months insurance.
Anyway I received an email from them saying their sorry I feel this way (yeah) and I owe them £46 please.
Also just minutes ago a letter popped thru my door acknowledging my cancelation and giving me proof of NCD, plus a £25
voucher if I insure with them in the future. Hmmm.....

The renewal for my GS came through today from Bennetts last year it was £235 this year they want £616. Are they on drugs!! There have been no claims etc so why the Hike?
Id ask them why but they don't answer the phone, which is making it difficult to cancel the auto renewal off my debit card that I didn't agree to.

Back
Top Bottom